Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

May 2013 Flies from the vice

How do I answer that? Thank you. Of course I don't put photos of the disasters I tie!

Thanks again,

C

Took a shot at tying a salmonfly after seeing a few big stoneflies flying around last time on the river. Anyone think this'll work?

post-47808-0-17947200-1369679536_thumb.jpg

Took a shot at tying a salmonfly after seeing a few big stoneflies flying around last time on the river. Anyone think this'll work?

Apart from the background it looks great whistling.gif

Its cool to see the flies change month by month.. for a while it was heavy on the salmon type flies now the trout flies are coming out of the woodwork! Its that season! Being a tyer of big flies I think you dry fly/midge tyers are beyond talented. To me small is a #4 I tie for carp!

Ive been kind of missing in action lately because of work and some personal stuff. I should be around a little bit more now. Looking forward to contributing some more.

Dusted off the vise over the last week after being away from it from almost 2 yrs. Not in Salmon country anymore so trying my hand at some trout patterns. Heads are rough, tails are long but daaaaaaaayum its good to be back at it. Lots of new names around and some fantastic stuff being pumped out, just proves this is the best fly tying site going. Cheers guys n gals. Keep 'em tight

post-21237-0-73787800-1369796488_thumb.jpg

post-21237-0-08108900-1369796536_thumb.jpg

post-21237-0-68630000-1369796582_thumb.jpg

post-21237-0-03303700-1369796612_thumb.jpg

Has chance to tie some for me.

Bob Wyatt style DHE and my Deer Wing Energer,

attachicon.gifDHE & Chrunchers_0035.jpg

A jumble of crunchers,

attachicon.gifDHE & Chrunchers_0041.jpg

The crunchers on their onwn,

attachicon.gifDHE & Chrunchers_0043.jpgattachicon.gifDHE & Chrunchers_0044.jpgattachicon.gifDHE & Chrunchers_0045.jpg

I've done well with palmered flies with a soft hackle at the head.

Cheers,

C.

Those look awesome Crackaig! I am really getting a greater appreciation for the emerger patterns. I may have to tie some of those up for my next outing.

This is an EP Fibre Shrimp pattern I found on the Australian Salt Water Fly Fishing Forum. Here is my first attempt at it and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

post-42559-0-54749400-1369833372_thumb.jpg

Shoebop, I've been asked for a SbS for my Deer Wing Emerger for elsewhere. Once it is done I'll post a link here.

Cheers,

C.

Those carp better watch out, filling a box including these....

Edit better image

P5292343_zpsfa705643.jpg

A top view as the fish sees and another thing to swim.

P5292346_zps5c4e571f.jpg

P5292345_zps3f51a477.jpg

Lol it isn't even summer yet but filling the chinook and coho boxes with my favourites, this one is for the chooks, 2 different hooks.

P5302349_zpsad0295d0.jpg

Some funky intruder wing set, now need some silvers and blues for those hook noses.

P7261731_zpsbb7ed55e.jpg

Those are some great ties there Jam! I have no doubt you will slam the boots on those!