Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

May 2013 Flies from the vice

MOCHAMIDGE-2-_zpsc434c1b2.jpg

MOCHA MIDGE – Daiichi 1130, #18 – #22…

CHOCFFMIDGE-1-_zps60570b58.jpg

CHOCOLATE FLASH FOAM EMERGER MIDGE – Barela/Variant – TMC 206BL, #18 – #20 or Daiichi 1140, #18 -#22…

PT/TB

Bait fish patterns using senyos laser dub tied on a sz. 6 7XL 3XH mustad lemrick hook. the first one is tied in sculpin colors the second one is rainbow colors..

post-45335-0-22480600-1367685662_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd post my Beagle Bugger here. I tied this one up for the Pet Hair swap.

post-35746-0-25517800-1367686785_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-05293700-1367686802_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-58811100-1367686814_thumb.jpg

Just another bugger but I am pretty proud of this one. Not necessarily because it was tied with great skill (it wasn't) but because I dyed the hackle and marabou myself, from white to a nice red-brown. It was surprisingly easy and I got the color I wanted on the first try. This seems like a decent crayfish imitation color wise.

photofhh.jpg

Just another bugger but I am pretty proud of this one. Not necessarily because it was tied with great skill (it wasn't) but because I dyed the hackle and marabou myself, from white to a nice red-brown. It was surprisingly easy and I got the color I wanted on the first try. This seems like a decent crayfish imitation color wise.

The marabou color looked great; nice work on the dye job. The marabou itself looked very buggy; do you mind sharing where it's from?

Thanks!

TC

It is from a $5 marabou boa I found at Michael's yesterday. I'm not sure the cost will be better than a marabou pack when all is said and done but I figured I'd give it a shot.

My newest fly tied with a CrawBody form from Flymen Fishing Company; this fly is called the "Crawbody Crayfish." Enjoy!

TC