Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

My fly tying bench

Every one else posts their fly tying areas ... I figured it was time to show mine. Definitely not the showcase some of you have, but it gets the job done.

Mike, I wish I had half of that space. Most tyers here have tying space bigger than my house.

Not so Jimr, my whole setup now fits in a 90" closet. The desk does pull out, but only 12" past the base, and I can close the closet doors when the desk is pushed back in. I posted my new setup a little while back. But here is a quick shot.

post-12074-0-30769400-1368221924_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-01309700-1368221931_thumb.jpg

I am lucky ... no nasty children, just me and Wife. I've got a whole room of the house for a den ... and the Garage is mine. The only downside ... since the garage is mine, and the washer and dryer are out there, I do the laundry.

I just started "spring cleaning" the den ... when it's done, I'll post pictures of the whole room.

Just spent the afternoon making a new top for my table. Here's what it looked like.
1693d1396558606-fly-tying-tables-p510000

I found a piece I could make a new one from ... and got busy. There really wasn't anything wrong with the old one, except the trash can hole. Too big and no way to keep curious kitties out of it. Here's the new one.
1694d1396558713-fly-tying-tables-p403000

With the major change ... a cat proof trash can.
1695d1396558756-fly-tying-tables-p403000
1696d1396558767-fly-tying-tables-p403000

Yeah, my cats have only shown a passing interest in the trash anyway ... this will just keep them from eating feather bits, etc.

Nice bench!

I inherited a 1 1/2 year old dog about a month ago. At least I think it's a dog, could be a rat with fur. Anyway, he puked up a feather this week. Looked like about half of a Whitting 100 hackle. I hadn't noticed the feather was missing. I wonder what else he's gotten into???

wow, you guys and your creature issues... I have a box of pills that will fix each problem. They weigh about 158 grains each.

I'm in the same frame of mind, Joel ... but with people.

the more time I spend with my pets, the more I realize I don't like people. I suppose that's one of the reasons I like fishing so much ... it's a solitary pursuit.

Guest rich mc

hey mike I have the same multi colored duster hanging in my tying room. rich mc