Fly Tying
JimCoraci

Looking for hooks like the tiemco tmc 2488 smaller than 26

I tye Jujubaetis - 20 to 26, love the tmc 2488; has anyone got a recommendation for 28 and smaller?

The mariano partridge 28 is too frail for my tying style. I find after the tight wraps of superhair i have fatigued this hook.

I never liked the 32 Tiemco. They had such wide gaps. I am still in search of some blind eye mustad 277, size 32 to use as rod inlays.

I never liked the 32 Tiemco. They had such wide gaps. I am still in search of some blind eye mustad 277, size 32 to use as rod inlays.

You referencing the Tiemco 518 #32? I agree that is quite an ugly proportioned hook, a short shank #28 really.

The 2488 on the other hand is a very handsome, very 'real' fishing hook even down to #30.

Here is a Klinkhamer Special I tied on a 2488 #30

http://www.danica.com/flytier/hweilenmann/klinkhamer_special_30.jpg

Cheers,

Hans W

Hans:

That is a very nice tie. I don't think the 2488 goes down to a thirty two? I love tying small and have good succes with them, the hard part is tying them on on the water, at least for me. lol

What kind of camera do you use? I have a Nikon D3100 but I use for work and long distance work. I pray every day that I don't get another hobby, like cameras.

Ted. .

I don't think the 2488 goes down to a thirty two?

Tiemco did make the 2488 down to #30. This is no longer the case. Their smallest size is now #2488.

What kind of camera do you use?

For the fly pictures I use on my web site I use a very humble and dated Point&Shoot - a Nikon CoolPix 995.

Cheers,

Hans W

Hi Ted,

I have quite a few of the Mustad Crystal 277 hooks in that size. They always had a spade end on them. I can send you a few if you want. Since my eye sight keeps getting worse as I age, I just look at them in the box now and try not to mess with them much so they don't fall out and get lost forever! Just send me a PM.

Regards,

Mark