Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
benorthcarolina

kick fins

Looking to buy some fins for fishing in my toon.

The market price for new Force fins is too much for me - though I've heard good things about their performance.

I know I could get a pair of the regular Force fins (as opposed to the deluxe models that you can strap over top of wading boots) on ebay, but I don't know if that kind would fit over my boots - which is what I want.

Has anybody tried the cheapo alternatives like Outkast? Or would a pair of standard force fins in an XL size fit over size 10 boots?

Any info appreciated.

After having both the Caddis fins (still got 'em) and the Force Fins I've settled on some relatively cheap, flat fins with nylon heel cup and nylon straps.These fins have no name on them but are just about perfect for my use.

The Caddis fins are just too darn heavy and are a bear to adjust. They are the older model with 6 huge, brass shoelace eyelets. They are now my loaners.

I expect disagreement with my take on Force Fins but, for me anyhow, they simply tear up my knee's. Sure they are efficent and have tons of power, but I like being able to walk after floating. On the up-stroke I think their efficiency is what hobbles me.

My use for fins is mainly lakes and ponds just to hold position against a breeze or to slowly work a shore. I also use them on SOME rivers I know to be of mild current and relatively snag-free.

Again, this is just MY take, your usage may vary! wink.gif

Sign in to follow this