Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For July

Thanks, fshrmanms, I've got 4 sets still out and they should all be arriving at about the same time.

How is the wife and her family?

BB

thanks for asking, it was my mother that passed, I haven't even started dealing with all the estate stuff yet. yuck!

We have 2 more sets of flies in now. We have flies from Fshrmanms and from Crackleback. 2 more great sets of flies. That leaves 1 more set still out and they are either in the mail or should be in the mail right away. As soon as I get the last set, I'll let you know. The last set belongs to BassBugn and he is late because of the death of his wife's brother. And we certainly understand about that. No rush, no pressure.

Take care, guys.

BB

Hi BB,

Well things are getting back to "normal" here. I finished the flies and I will be mailing them out tomorrow afternoon. I appreciate everyone's patience. Looking forward to seeing everyone's flies.

Thanks

Steve

BassBugn's flies arrived yesterday (Saturday.) And believe me, they were WELL worth waiting on. I hope to get them back into the mail tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday at the latest. And don't forget that you are all going to be getting some extra flies thanks to the BassMouth. Hope you enjoy them.

I have 2 "Learn A New Pattern" swaps coming up. One is ours in September and the other is Riff's swap club and it's due this month. I think I'm going to tie the same new pattern for both swaps. I've tried the "Pullover Caddis" and I'm not too impressed with it. It is VERY time consuming. I think I'm going to try a pattern called "Coyote." It's supposed to be a good pattern for both trout and panfish.

Take care

BB

Hey Guys, I was able to get the flies back into the mail this afternoon, so you should all be getting your sets in a few days. There are a couple of things I need to let you all know. First, you are all getting back one of your own flies since we only have 11 swappers this month and not 12. BassMouth's spot will be filled next month. Because BassMouth had to drop out after he sent in his last 3 sets, you will be getting 3 flies from him this month. They are the flies he tied for July, August and September, so I think it would be nice if you would all send him a "Thank You." Personally, I would like to thank you, BassMouth for 3 SWEEEEET sets of flies, but having them is bittersweet. Sweet because of the great tier and swapper that you are, but bitter because you had to drop out and why. I can only hope that some solution to the customs problem can be worked out so that we can swap again sometime.

Thirdly, there were a few guys who didn't send enough postage this month. If you get your packet of flies and there is a metered mailing label on it that indicates that extra postage was necessary, you might want to take note of it. Don't worry about it, because I've paid it and I don't expect anyone to try to make it up. It's just one of the extra little joys that the 'meister has for doing his job. That's one of the reasons that an extra fly, occasionally is so appreciated. Usually the postage on a padded envelope is $2.07 for most locations in the USA. If you would make sure that you put at least that much postage on your SASE that would be appreciated. Some of you drop in a couple of dollars and throw in an extra fly or two, and that works also. No problem. Thanks for your understanding.

This month's flies make up a very nice set of flies. You are all going to be well pleased with these.

Next month I am tying a new pattern for Riff's swap club and in September we are supposed to tie a new pattern. I'm thinking about tying one new pattern for both swaps. It's called the "Coyote" and it's supposed to be good for both trout and panfish. And for our swap club's August pattern, I'm looking at an orange bellied tied down caddis.

Take care, guys.

BB