Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For September

We have just received 2 AWESOME sets of flies. We have the "Gill Candy" from Jolly Red. This is a pattern that I have never heard of, but I can't wait to try it out. It is a really nice soft hackle fly.

BB

This is a pattern poste by letumgo in the warmwater forum. Saw it, liked it, tied it.

Hey Guys, Frequent Tyer is going to join us for the last 3 months of the Bluegill Swap Club.BB

Hi all,

I'm excited to jump for the last 3 months. Looks like a very talented group of tiers here. I'll do my best to contribute some patterns to worry your local gills:)

Thanks BB for keeping the swap going and doing such a great job organizing.

Mike.

I mailed mine this morning. I tied a fly called the greasy monkey. I stuck with the recipe but did white with red racing stripes instead of the yellow/black in the video. Looks fishy but I think if I tie them again I'll replace the fragile hackle tip tails with rubber legs. http://vimeo.com/41821191

-Mike

I need to acknowledge the receipt of 4 more sets of flies. Two sets came in today and the other two came in a day or 2 ago. We have received flies from Fshrmanms, Homer, Crackleback & Dreamcaster. All of these sets are definitely be a solid addition to everyone's fly box. There are 4 sets still out and Gravy has posted that his are in the mail. I want to thank all of you for continuing to do a great job with the Bluegill Swap Club. Also, you might want to check the original post of this thread. I have just updated it to show whose flies are in and which sets are still out.

Take care

BB

Riff, I put mine for your swap club in the mail today. There are supposed to be there Tuesday, Oct 1. I guess we are both running just over the dead line.

Gravy Train's flies have arrived & they are SWEET! I have been thinking that the quality of flies in this swap club is more like the flies in an invitational that just a regular swap. You guys are awesome!

I think there are 3 more sets still to come in.

BB

The last set of flies arrived yesterday. I had a full day today, and have just gotten in at 10:00 PM, & I have a very full day tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I won't get them out tomorrow either. I will do my best to get them out on Thursday or Friday, but I do have jury duty on Friday, my day off.

Thanks for your patience.

BB

Well, guys, it took a while, but I finally got the flies in the mail to all of you yesterday. Some of you should be getting them in the next day or two. The two poppers that each of you received are BassBugn's parting gift to all of you. This is a really nice set of flies. There are some real winners here. This is also Vicrider's first set with us, and you will be getting 2 flies from him, and I already have his October flies here as well. First set in this month. Thanks, Vicrider. And thanks to all of you for the extras! I even received some Turkey feathers that I will be using right away on Riff's Swap Club. I think November's set specifies using Turkey as 1 of the materials. Fitting, I guess, since "Turkey Day" falls in November. I'm looking at a Ray Bergman pattern for that, for those of you in the OTHER swap club. Looks like a good pattern for both trout and bluegills because it has a peacock body.

My wife has been away for TWO weeks, and is due back tomorrow. That's probably got something to do with why I'm late getting flies out this month. Doing my stuff AND her stuff around the house, like cooking, cleaning and washing. Sure has been quiet round here, lately. Also, I've been sick. Sore throat BIG TIME! Tough on us old guys who use our voice to make a living.

Take care

BB