Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For October

We have received several sets of flies that I need to acknowledge. First, we have received another set of flies from Vicrider which I believe must be for November. And once again, he has sent in 2 flies rather than just one. One is called a Pumpkinhead and the other is called a Sparkle Beadhead. They are both very nice and you are going to enjoy getting 2 for the price of one. Many thanks, Vicrider!

Next we have a very nice set of flies from Xrayts. This is the Briminator, and I wish you could see them all lined up in the box. They are all just alike, the mark of a truly fine tyer! You are going to love having this pattern in your fly box.

The third set is Jolly Red's "Squirreley." This is a great little pattern, that is probably gone to be at least "semi-weedless" and a real fishy looking pattern.

And finally we have Crackleback's mini-Clouser minnows. Again a "Semi-weedless" patter that is sure to drive the 'gills & probably crappie and other panfish nuts.

Thanks, to all of you for some great flies!

BB

Looking back, I see that I have failed to acknowledge a couple of other sets. We have had Vicrider's October set for some time. It is a very small bead chain pattern that I really like. Can't wait to throw this one at some 'gills. Catch them on the bed next Spring and this pattern is going to get you a bucket full!

And we also have Dreamcaster's October and November sets. This are both excellent ties also, and you are going to love adding them to your fly boxes.

Thanks, Guys!

BB

I tied up some little mini worms with chain eyes. They work really well on gills and crappie. I hope you guys enjoy! I will get these in the mail either tomorrow or Monday.

-Forrest

I will be putting mine in the mail today. I have tied flies for Oct, Nov, and Dec. They will all be in one package, but will be separated by month. I will also include an envelope for each month.

-Forrest

Thanks, Fam, I'll let you know when they arrive.

We also have a great set of flies from Frequent Tyer. Super job.

Thanks

BB

We now have a super nice set of flies from Gravy that you guys are going to enjoy, and we also have Famill00's 3 sets of flies for October, November and December. These are all VERY nice flies but you guys will have to wait and only get to see one set per month. Slow torture!

Take care

BB

We received another very nice set of flies today from Homer. This fly ought to get down deep where the big guys live. It will also be a great pattern for when the 'gills are on the bed. Just what we are looking for this month. And thanks, Homer, for the extras.

We have one more set of flies to go and they will be ready for me to get them back to all of you. And we only have 2 more sets to go to finish out the year.

Take care

BB

I think i was called a "Bearded Charley". and was modified from a Salt water pattern, just basically downsized everything from hook to thread....the mateials are what they are, just used less of them. It is supposed to fish with the hook point up because I was reading an article in a magazine about fish, and they say that anything that comes through the surface of the water the fish see twice, because of refraction, so when the hook is down, they see two hooks, hook up, only one. Let me know if they actually work, and they were probably talking mostly about dry flies, since they are supposed to sit on surface of water.

The last set of October flies arrived today, but it will be toward the end of the week before I get a chance to work with them. I'll do my best to get them in the mail on Thursday or Friday, but if not, it will be another week before I will get another chance. I'll let you guys know if I'm able to make any progress with them. Sorry for the delay.

BB

Just wanted to let you know that I put the flies in the mail this morning, so you should be getting them soon. As I divided them up this morning, I was struck by the amazing skill that went into making up this set of flies. It was more like looking at an Invitational Swap and the thought that struck me was that there must be some value in tying up a set of flies every month. I have known for a long time that tying a dozen flies produces a lot more skill than just tying two or three. By the time you tie a dozen, you have figured out how to overcome some problem or how to do the job faster or neater or tighter or better. But doing that month after month after month also pays its dividends. I think that we can safely say that we are ALL better tyers now than when we first started this journey. So I wanted to congratulate you all on your excellent work. When your set of flies arrive, you will see what I mean. And I would also like to thank all of you who sent some extras. They are always most appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

BB

Thought I posted this once but it's gone? Anyway, flies came today and it's about as nice a bunch as anyone could ask for. Since they are all great it's not fair to single someone out but the tail on the Bluegill Damsel by Flytire is a great piece of art. Maybe he would come on and give us an idea of how that's done. I know that in stillwater fishing for trout that the damsel nymph and surface fly are killers at the right time of year. I plan to do a trip to the Grand Mesa lakes next year in CO and would love to have a selection of these with.

Like I said, hate to single anyone out since they are all quality ties that will take up proud residence in my 'gill and trout boxes.

just got home from work, and found flies in the mail. wow don't know what else to say but wow.

i have always been a top water (popper) fisherman for bream but these have changed my mind.

sorry for being the weak tier this month.

craig