Fly Tying
gpd4

Beginner Swap

I got sets from Breambuster, GLoy & MLoy today. Just a few more to go and I can get these back in the mail to you...

Sorry for being one of the last ones! I did end up getting my target fly tied up for everyone and decided to go ahead and send the "backup" set as well. Hope that is alright.

Today we have arrivals from Big Mike64 and jd1983. Only three sets left to get here...

Nothing in the mail today. Phishy, Propain_AZ, & mridenour, how about an update?

All I hear is crickets. Here's the story, folks: We're 3 days past the due date and we are still missing flies from Propain_AZ (last online 6/16 with no answer to PM), mridenour (last online 7/10 with no answer to PM, but a note about a fishing trip in July), and Phishy (last online7/22). Phishy said she would be mailing her flies ASAP on the 22nd, but I have not heard if or when they went out. Mail from Canada may as well still travel across the border on horseback, so if they're in the mail, it might be a while...

I believe this was a first swap for both all three swappers. Not a real good start. We all know life gets in the way sometimes, but if you need to drop out, don't wait until the last minute.

I'm going to leave it up to those of you who got your bugs in on time to decide what I do next. Let's go best of five for the first to answer the following questions:

Do we wait a few more days and see if anything shows up here, or do you want me to pack them up and send them out?

As for extras, I can return them or donate them locally - you tell me...

Thanks -

It sounds like Phishy's flies might be closest to really showing up. Maybe see if they come, then send them out. If the other flies never show up, you can do whatever you want with my extra flies. I have more than enough.

Steiner's plan sounds good to me. Maybe give it until the end of the week (maybe a little longer if Phishy contacts you with a date sent)?

we are ok with the above also. give it a few days and do your thing, please keep the extras from ours also. killing the gills on them.

tight lines to all!

gary

OK - the jury has spoken. I'll give them until Sunday to answer their messages and if they say the flies are coming we'll wait, if I get no answer, I'll ship them out to you early next week.

Sorry guys - I got called out of town. I'll be back tomorrow and I'll get them packed up. Still no word from our wayward tyers, though...