Fly Tying
Danoinark

Hello to All

Have been checking out your site and decided it was time to join.

I live in the Arkansas Ozarks and fish all the great Trout rivers and smallie waters in the region. Love tying, rod building and of course fly fishing. If you ever down this way, I am always looking for a reason to wet a line.

Thanks for letting me join and hope I can add to the forum. I know I will be able to learn alot from looking at the quality of tyers here.

Dan

Danoinark

Welcome bud and I hope you enjoy the place.

If I'm not mistaken there is a few members from here heading to the Arkansas area around Thanksgiving. I've read alot of great things about your area!

Welcome from part of the Pennsylvania contingency Dan. I'm not familiar with the fishing opportunities in Arkansas. I hope you'll enlighten us on what fishing is like there. Good to have you with us.

D. Waterflogger

Gents the fishing here is year round and it can only be described as Fantastic.

We have the White River system of tailwaters. They include the Beaver, Taneycomo, White and Norfork Rivers and just South of here the Lil Red, home of the World Record Brown. The White held the world record Rainbow. You can fish for the Arkansas Grand Slam in all the rivers. A bow, brown, brook and cuthroat.

We also have the Buffalo National River, Kings River, and Crooked Creek, all blue ribbon smallies streams. I understand from smalliehunter that some of you may be headed this way. If so, feel free to email me or ask via the forum any information you may need about these rivers.

Tightlines to All

Dano

Dano,

Welcome aboard. We've talked in the chat room over at FAOL before. I know the folks here can learn a few things from you. Again welcome.

Fatman

Hi Dano,

I've always enjoyed your posts on FAOL and on John's site. I sure fell in love with your fishery down there. You guys are very fortunate. You should see the responses I get, when I tell guys about fishing in Arkansas.

For what, Catfish???? LOL bugeyes.gif

I'll be down your way in 10 days

Care to share any patterns?

Hi Shoe...hope you slay em when you get down this way.

Right now, a gray or tan scud in size 14-16 seem to be producing well. Also the gray sowbug in size 14 is producing. I have had some luck on a tungsten beadhead midge tied on a size 16 scud hook. Its simply red d-rib tied behind the Tungsten bead, wraped just past the bend of the hook, and then wrapped back to the bead, tied off and whipped. I fished it under an indicator. If they are running a little water just add some bb shot to get it down. Also caught a few on a red ass, so most soft hackle emerger type I say would be a good choice.

Good Luck

Dan

Thanks Dan

I saw they have been running 1 to 2 wheels or generators as you guys call them. That's a far cry from it coming up 10+ feet during the day. smile.gif

I'll have to turn you on to that wingless Professor. It was my best pattern during our stay. Some mornings it was responsible for dozens of fish including many cutts. I sent some in the package to Jimmy T for their raffle. I'll post a picture of it in the next few days.

Jimmy sent me some of those scuds. I guess he guides at Gastons.

I still need to tie some of those midges, but I need to go get some glasses first. sad.gif