Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BassMouth87

Bead Head Pheasant Tail Soft Hackle

Glad you liked the pattern and that it works well for you. That is a good job on the sbs.

Very unique pattern, I can't say I've seen this one before, looks deadly. Thanks for the video. By the way nice vise, I have the same one and really like it.

Glad you liked the pattern and that it works well for you. That is a good job on the sbs.

After 25 fish it started to fall apart and I just had to make a few for myself. The local gills went nuts for it, and today I hooked a few brown trout with the same pattern but did not land any. Thanks again for the fly, it is deadly as all hell.

This was my first fly tying video and now that I have worked some kinks out I hope my next ones are even better.

Great video and cool fly. How do you fish it? Do you let it sink to the bottom and sit, sink then recast to keep it falling?

For panfish I do a few things. Cast it out and then let it slowly sink while making short strips back into shore, other times I will cast it, strip it back very quickly 5-10 feet and then let it drop, I find for panfish that the commotion usually draws the attention of a few fish and when it pauses and drops its the perfect time for them to take a smack at it.

You can fish it dead drift for trout as I did yesterday and got a hook up, or swing it in the current, many different ways to fish this fly.