Fly Tying
vicrider

Trout up and down swap

Vic editing first post is great but if you don't post a reply we get no notification of you updating. My flies were already packed and have been waiting for a reply about the addy.

Such as why I asked twice.

Just letting you know this causes communication problems. So do I ripped it open for another fly or what?

Sorry mate but I had no idea you had edited this.

Horseshoes, no problem. Go ahead and send what you have. No other responses so far but I see the point about an edit slipping by. I think I'll edit it again and leave it where it was. I'll add an alternate if someone has trouble and can't complete swap. It happens once in awhile. Otherwise we'll stay with six and call swap full. Looking forward to your flies. I love the swaps because of the great variety of flies and the overall quality has been so good. I know tying for swaps has improved my tying considerably because I want others as happy with mine as I am with theirs.

NOTE: original post edited for address and information.

Vic - mailed them yesterday and the postie said you were missing a number on your P.O. code? Anyways on the way.

Fishingbobnelson - it is 42 C and climbing. The rivers are boiling. lol will your little yellows go deep enough to find the cool water?

Dang HS, I can't even proof read my own address anymore. Zip is 73628...got it fixed.

Sometime back a rod builder's wife shipped me an $1800 bamboo rod on trial if I wanted it. She sent it to Cheyenne Wyoming and realized she'd done it the next day. She was very until it got here safely.

am I in this swap I was just wondering because in the first post I count seven names I would still like to be but if I am not let me know my flies are ready to be mailed I tied a foam grasshopper and a sinking ant thanks dave

flywhiteguy, you are definitely in. There are seven because my name is first and each person will get 2 flies from everyone but you don't get your own back. So yes, you're in and I look forward to using your flies. Where I'll be in a couple of weeks they should be just what the fish want.

I've updated the post with a few arrivals, and they are couple of very nice additions to anyone's flybox.

Had a bit of a delay with getting ready to move and a funeral, but finishing up my flies today hopefully. My top fly is one that I originally used for bluegill, but one day on a trout stream I needed a bit more flotation for a nymph dropper I was using and tied it on. Started getting hits on the top fly instead of the nymph, so I kept using it. I'm assuming the fish think it's a hopper, but to you and me it looks more like a beetle. Either way it seems to work, and floats for days... This last week I took a friends daughter out and she was just killing it on this fly alone, to the point it had to be retired because it was so torn up.

Everyone should understand that even tho my CO trip got cut short on the end I will still be leaving for Marble CO and the Crystal River and Beaver Lake on July 10th or 11th. I will be back on the 21st and will get flies out shortly thereafter. What I have now or get before next Wednesday will go to CO with me.