Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
C LeBo

What is the Most Noble Fish?

OK, I know every one of us have had that argument on the what the most "noble" fish is, so I figure why not bring the argument here! I know that it is all a matter of perspective and opinion, but what is yours? Is it that tench, roach, or bluegill that was the first fish you ever hooked and seemed like a monster at the time? Or is it that bright slip of a trout that you chased along a steep mountain stream? Or is it that salmon or steelhead that you pulled out of the middle of a grand river? Or is it even that saltwater monster that you payed for in sweat and blood but yet it was totally worth it? There's a lot of grand fish out there of all sizes and shapes that I don't know about so please share.

Thank you and Tight Lines,

Carson LeBoeuf

If you're looking for nobility then shouldn't it be the King Salmon? Or perhaps the Lady of the River the Grayling? :)

I think there takes some beating a fin perfect Roach in a clear stream, holding station and hardly moving a fin. But the most noble fish has to be the one gracious enough to jump on my hook for me to see.

I think it should be the large Brookie. Nothing else seems to be so hard to find, fierce to land and so darn colorful. But since i have never caught one maybe the Golden Trout might bump out the brookie...won't know till i catch one.

Seeing lit up blue and striped marlin destroy spreads and greyhounding is something i will never forget, you see it on tv, but absolutely cannot beat seeing that in real life! Almost makes me a bit worried to be fishing for things that big and mean. Here u take the damn harness...!

It was a warm day but a cool morning. Standing in a spring creek winding through a Mountian State farm. 4wt in hand, 7x tipet at the end from the day before trout day. All I was looking for was some good old bluegills. Nice drift with my #16 Lighting Bug. "MAN im hung up on something". Lifting easy knowing all there is is 7x. There is goes the reel sings and I'm holding on. After several trips up and down, up and down. OMG look at this a nice 10# carp on my full flex 4wt. GOOD TIMES!

Kevin

that first winter steelhead sitting in a foot and a half gin clear water barely liquid with its pink and blue stripes reflecting on the pure white snow on the ground at the edge of the bank steam flowing from each breath oh how my heart pounds just thinking of it

For me it's the snook and there's not even a close second. Seeing one come from under a mangrove shoreline or a dock in dark tannin water to engulf your fly or plug in a quiet backwater creek is something magical.

Salmo Salar for me, there's nothing like seeing that streak of silver shoot through the tea colored water and completely smash a dry fly before it launches itself into the air, sun hitting that dancing silver is a memory like no other

To me its that 1 Palomino Trout that you see in a stretch of water surrounded by a bunch of Rainbows that refuses to eat anything you put in front of him. One of the best fish that i hooked last year was this Palomino trout that gt away after 3 acrobatic jumps, i wish i could say that i will be back for him this year but i have a good feeling that someone put him on the grill because i didnt see him the rest of the season last year but he will not be forgotten.

Wow! These are some awesome fish everyone! Mine would have to be the Kern River Rainbow, because it was the prettiest fish I ever caught and convinced me to start practicing catch and release.

Definitely the one that is out there right now...peacefully slurping bugs off the top of the water, hunkered down behind some driftwood or boulder, getting fat while being extremely picky, having ignored many offerings from others, the one that is waiting for me to show up, the one that is going to make me wonder about the integrity of my equipment choices for that day, the one that makes me get the camera out of my pack and still be worth every second of it should the camera fall into the water, the one that has me make a call home to tell the Wife about, the one that will give me a momentary bout of depression having caught them...then elation thinking about the possibilities of the next one to come and take it's place of honor....that is the most noble fish...the one caught but also the one to come! I have no name for this fish though it may just as well be named "Fever".

Of the fish I have personally caught....snook,without a doubt. I just wish I had been a fly fisher back in the day when I targeted snook and other Florida denizens....lol

Murray