Fly Tying
Flies & Photos

Any interest in a Bendback Fly SWAP?

Well, I'm in beautiful CO and didn't get your addy in time to get them out before I left but should be back later this week and get them out. Beautiful CO with it's mudslides and blown out rivers. Sure haven't done a lot of rod bending on this trip. A few fish, one nice rainbow, a few stockers, a couple of mountain whitefish, and some really pretty country to enjoy versus OK for sure.

Howdy swappers,

I posted a YouTube video of the bendback I tied for the swap. Check it out. Please be gentle. It's actually the first video I've ever done. I figure the more often I do them, the better I'll get. Be cool.

-Dave

Half done, will finish the rest and mail the lot no later than Wed. 7/31. Very cool swap; I've not tied or fished this type of fly before and am very much looking forward to doing more of both in the near future! Very excited to see everyone's flies too.

I think this lot of flies will be the second swap I wish id stuck with, but truth was I couldn't do it justice in the time frame. Look forward to seeing the final assortment.

Lil' Dave,

Flies arrived today with postage (many thanks) and those are some beautifully tied bendback clousers. Professional even. Guys, you'll be pleased.

Be blessed.

Lil' Dave,

Flies arrived today with postage (many thanks) and those are some beautifully tied bendback clousers. Professional even. Guys, you'll be pleased.

Be blessed.

No worries mate, I like the sparser ties for clousers, I reckon they give more of an illusion of something... The bendback clouser was actually the favourite fly / tie of a late member of our fishing club who passed unexpectedly and suddenly last year. Good memories of a Top bloke :).

I'll be very interested in feedback on the whistlers. Though I have a funny feeling that tail wrapping may be an issue.... That being said, I love the action of my standard marabou whistlers so the potential is still there for fish!

The postage might not do you any good getting them back here... But at the very least you've got some cool fishy stamps from Ozzie land.

Flies are ready to ship - 7 bendback Silver Outcast Variants and 7 bendback Craft Fur Baitfish. Please PM the mailing address and they'll be on their way. :)

Just got mine out today. Threw a couple of Polysickle Bunny streamersa in there that have worked well on bass and white bass/wipers in local ponds. Can't beat the bunny for nature's fur rival of marabou.

Howdy Swappers,

Anyone else need my addy? We'll be delayed a bit. One swapper ran into a snag with home issues, but will have them sent to me quickly. I'll be in touch. Remember, PM me for addy.

-Dave

Sorry fellas. My wife and I just got done working a deal to buy a house so my mind has been on that. I thought the due date was in another 10 days. I will get them done and out this week.

Kevin

Dave, mine should be there by now. Have you gotten them or am I going to be tying up a second set too. Haven't come back to my post for any reason so they should have been there. Not the best but the best I could do. I always get a lot better understanding of the flies being tied after I get the swap set. Then I always wish I could do another set.