Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Ambercrombie & Fitch...how sad.......

I just checked out the link that LB had posted and all I can say is "how sad." I am not bragging, but I am a very learned young man, having two degrees and currently taking steps to pursue my masters in Marketing. So I feel that I am more than qualified to speak on this subject. After looking at the link, I feel that it is a sad day in our society when a retailer feels that they have to develop a marketing strategy based on exploiting the fragile minds of young Americans. AF's target consumer has been the 12-24 crowd for many years, and this crowd is certainly no stranger to sex. AF's idea that they are somehow liberating the youth of America and opening thier minds is absurd and disgusting. If I were a retailier and the only way I could reach my target group was to include full nudity and references to group sex in my ads, I would close the doors and hang it up. Does AF really need to use sex to sell thier wares to an already oversexed Mtv generation...hell no. It's time people like you and me say enough is enough and simply spend our money elsewhere.......

Couldnt have said it any better myself Chris.......it all comes down to one thing.......$$$$$.

They know what the younger gen. is interested in and they dont care how they go about it as long as they profit,its a sign of how society now a'days accept's almost anything and its a total disgrace!

exactly...what ever happened to decency? What ever happened to making an honest dollar? What ever happened to gaining the largest market share because your product ws superior? Shit's getting ugly today!

I dont think people now a days know what decency really is bud,seems like every time you turn around some company is tryin to sell their product with sex or promoting alcohol use or some other thing with any means that they think will sell their crap! Dont get me wrong i like to see a hot chick in a add as much as the next guy bugeyes.gif but there is a line that souldnt be crossed and one thing that shouldnt' be involved in adds like that are kids.

I was just thinking today about the way people accept things that just dont seem right because a guy at work was selling college ball squares,no big deal,but then he told me it was for his kids soccer fund raiser unsure.gif i dont know man seemed kinda funny to me....what ever happened to kids having a fund raiser or selling stuff to raise money for the team sports. Maybe its just me but turning 8-11 yr olds into "bookies" in the name of new soccer shoes just hits me wrong sad.gif

Big D,

I answered on the thread from luvinbluegill and I'm sorry to disagree but please before you slam me here read my reply and you'll understand why I say I disagree.

Fatman

I think to sell clothing to teenagers, the advertisement should show teens wearing the clothing, (not teens with no clothing on)

I guess I’m old fashion like that.

dunno.gif

OSD.