Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flytyer14

Hey guys. (What a past couple of years)

Hello everyone, I hope someone remembers me. Seems like this site has really grown since I was here last. I'm 17 now. Almost 18. I just graduated High School this year. That was pretty awesome. Haven't been tying much, and I know this isn't my blog but I'd still like to share a bit :)

post-25611-0-47193800-1372801500_thumb.jpg

I've been working for a Custom metal worker. I learned to weld and whatnot, also I've started blacksmithing with him. It's a great opportunity for me to learn. Hopefully I can aqquire some more life skills in the area of work.

I started driving, I get my drivers license on the 24th of this month.

I went to Nicaragua on a missions trip with my church, me and 4 other guys built them a 48'x32' church out of steel, cinder blocks, and re-bar. It was really something.

post-25611-0-38681900-1372801436_thumb.jpg

I'd like to host a swap soon probably, that'll get me motivated to tie more. Really missed everyone. Glad to be back.

-Mark

Good to hear,it's nice to hear a young man on the right track in life. Keep up the good work. Working in the trades can be a very promising career choice in this day and age.

Good to hear from you again after such a long time. Looks like you have been on a great road in your secular and your spiritual life.Keep your priorities straight and you'll be a happier person

Murray

Ditto the above. My uncle had a great business in metal fabrication took him all over Europe. You sound like youhave your head on straight.

Yeah, I do remember you, wondering what happened. Good to see your making some progress in LIFE. That's always more important than fly tying.

Good to hear,it's nice to hear a young man on the right track in life. Keep up the good work. Working in the trades can be a very promising career choice in this day and age.

X2...Glad to see someone make the personal commitment to better themselves!

Yeah, I do remember you, wondering what happened. Good to see your making some progress in LIFE. That's always more important than fly tying.

Now that I'm driving maybe we can actually get that fishing trip done :P

Welcome back Mark I think I remember ya, I built you a rod a couple years ago if I'm not mistaken didn't I? Cool that your welding. I was a certified TIG welder (also did MIG and stick) and ran a welding shop for about 10 years in the late 90's and early 2000's, it's a good skill to learn.

Steve

Mr. Steve, you did not. Although I had asked you to start one. I never got the money. But we did discuss it for sometime. I haven't done TIG yet, only stick and MIG. But it's been alot of fun :) hope all is well!

Welcome back Mark, been wondering what ever happened to you, you just disappeared one day. Glad to see you're doing well with life and its adventures.

Blane

Its cool to see another young face around here! I'm 21 and I'm also a wleder/ metal fabricator! Ever wanna talk welding ( I'm a MIG and Flux core guy) or tying shoot me a pm!!