Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dirts

From the land of the Hodag

Retired law enforcement. I make my own soap, beekeeper, scroll sawer, baker, hatch pepper grower and roaster and enjoy making great food from all ethnic cuisines. I love to hunt and fish. I fish from a kayak. My lab, beagle,husky accompanies me on all my adventures. She rides in the back of the Kayak. Up to this point I was making my own spiinner bait and using Ultra lights spinning rods and trolling for bass fishing My stringer or game bag has preference for a beautiful sunset or sunrise, a loon swimming through the morning mist or a deer drinking on the shore, a heron tip toeing through the reeds or just watching my 4 legged partner emersing herself in the moment.. Fly tying is the creative condiment that kicks up fly fishing while surronded by pristine nature or the living canvas of nature. Nothing like the morning reflection of the fall harvest in the mirrored surface of a lake. The only disturbance is the light ring made from your giant mayfly dropping on the surface.

I can follow my partner down the fall logging road watching her figure eight and checking on me and then to have a partridge flush only to stand and watch with a smile. To watch the forest rained on from above with all the colors of fall as the rays of first sunlight unlock the grips of the leaves from the tree tops. The strong smell of Fall calms the soul. The sound of the trees waving and whispering in the wind. I don't worry about what could be or what I missed; I just enjoy the moment.

A tied fly is a personal gift of individual accomplishment when all is peaceful..

Welcome aboard! I'm in LE as well.....close to retirement.........beekeeping and kayaking are two of my hobbies as well....

Mike

Nice to hear from you Mike. Lindens trees are in bloom. I just have one hive in town; it averages about 22 quarts a year and they wintered well last year. Life is good after retirement.

As much as I'm up in your neck of the woods, I've never seen a Hodag!

Haha welcome to the board from a fellow Wisconsinite!