Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
michaelray

Northern Californian transplanted to Arkansas!

Hey tyers.
I grew up chasing chrome along the coast and browns and 'bows in rest of the better half of the state. I moved to Fort Smith, Arkansas three years ago (to the day)... and sadly didn't break out a rod or vice my entire first year here.
Lately I've been chasing Smallmouth throughout the southern Ozarks (Crawford and Franklin Counties for the most part) and have hit the Beaver Tailwaters a couples times as well, but that's about it.
I'm looking forward to hitting the "real" White and Norfork and the Little Red in the near future, as well as any other water I might end up on now that I've got a couple people I've been pounding the streams with.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys and expanding my Arkansas fly fishing knowledge!

Tightlines everyone!

Look into the fly fishing clubs up there, they can really help, I have a friend down here that fished there the whole time he was in college. I know it is great fishing up there, so enjoy. The White is one of the best trophy areas in the country, if you didn't already know it, I got to fish it last year with a friend on a guided trip, had a great time.

Blane

Look into the fly fishing clubs up there, they can really help, I have a friend down here that fished there the whole time he was in college. I know it is great fishing up there, so enjoy. The White is one of the best trophy areas in the country, if you didn't already know it, I got to fish it last year with a friend on a guided trip, had a great time. Blane

I've been reading about the White well before I ended up out here. I'm looking forward to hitting it at some point. As far as I can tell, the nearest clubs are a good hour away (Fayetteville and Russellville), but I'm still looking around.

A buddy and I are either going to spend a few days on the White or the Little Red here in a few weeks, so that should be a good few days.

Thanks for the info, Blane.

Mmmmmmmmm, just watching the youtube videos of the rivers Brian wise fishes makes me jealous of you! Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Evan