Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GdubyaSmith

The "NopeFish"

Funny ... and quite true. I get a kick out of catching the occasional pickerel. I don't need to travel anywhere to face a fish with teeth like that. I'd forget and try to lip it like a bass.

That did it for me. I'm never getting in the river again. I will stick to my little mountain streams and ONLY chase brookies. I fish, or fished, the New river a lot and they say it is the second oldest river in the world, the Nile being the oldest, and now who knows what is lurking in there waiting to have me for lunch. I dread a muskie swimming by when I am fishing for smallmouth and I'm not going to give one of these rascals a chance to see if I taste like chicken or something.....

Just don't fish naked ... North American fresh waters don't harbor man attacking fish ... as long as you don't expose any small parts of your anatomy to them.

Looking at that thing i am sure it would just delicately slurp a medium size alligator off the surface like it was a mayfly.

But there is a lovely sand bar just on the outskirts of town that I like to lay on and sun ALL of myself Mike. By small parts of my anatomy you do mean my little finger or my pinky toe don't you?

Looking at that thing i am sure it would just delicately slurp a medium size alligator off the surface like it was a mayfly.

LOL...I was thinking a "Chain Shark Suit" might not be enough for Wadersbiggrin.png

But there is a lovely sand bar just on the outskirts of town that I like to lay on and sun ALL of myself Mike. By small parts of my anatomy you do mean my little finger or my pinky toe don't you?

Um ... yeah ... that's what I meant ... fishing naked exposes your little finger. The first statement is a visual I didn't need. I am now trying to shove my finger through my forehead to poke my "mind's eye" out.

I had a bowfin brush up against my leg while wet wading a few weeks back and that freaked the hell out of me, I can't even imagine this thing...

That is a proper fish. And netabrookie, that's why the outskirts are always the wrong side of town.

The "REAL" question......Are they good eating?

Murray

Oh yeah man great for eating. I tear 'em up with some Y2Ks and some zebra midges when we go camping along the "I'll Never Go There" river. The real thing you gotta watch out for are the Yorkie-sized mosquitos. Off spray don't work too good on them....unless you give 'em a good crack on the head with the can.