Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fish shaman

hello from southeast Georgia

hi tracy, this is rob. i know were you are fishing. mohawk is heavlie fished. best thing to do is get a small boat or kayak. to be able to get to the back side and on the right hand part of mohawk. yeah i to come away some times empty handned but most of the time its with a few catish. and i dont like catfish! so i give them to my next door neighbor . also i dont know if you know last time i went by i did see 2 gators and one was geeting very bold and the other one usually stays on the back side. do you know about the pond in winsdor forest ? i havent fished it yet but my cousin has told me there are big bass in it. i will give ya shout later in the week.

Hey GBF,the pond in windsor forest is where I caught my first fish on the fly.That pond is very overgrown with weeds in the hot months and difficult to fish with a flyrod when its bloomin.The place is also swarming with small bream in schools all over the place.Have caught bass up to 5 lbs in there.Also caught shellcrackers in there,biggest over a pound.Caught 2 channel cats around 3 lbs each on fly!Sometimes I think taking all the dinks out would be a good thing but I release em anyway.Its not much fun to fly fish there because its really a dog park and you have to look both ways before your backcast.Beware the big white heron as he (she?)will try to take small bream before you can grab em.When I first started I must have sucked pretty bad cause for 2 months I thought there must not be any bluegill in there.Holla back!

i went to a new place on 9-10-2013. the county finally did something good with tax payers money, i call it love's pond as its located behinds love's seafood. make a right hand turn when you get off of hwy 17 and follow the road all the way to the end and it will be off to the right, i came home with 9 bluegills. next time i willhave the fly rod with me lol.