Fly Tying
netabrookie

Native American prophecy

This is something that I came across in one of my notebooks that I had written down a while back and forgot that I had it. I don't have any idea where I originally saw it but I thought that I would put it on here to share with everyone.

When all the trees have been cut down,

When all the animals have been hunted,

When all the waters are polluted.

When all the air is unsafe to breath,

Only then will you know.....

You can not eat money

Cree Prophecy

I'm not Cree, I'm part Cherokee, but it still hits home...

It is so true, now if we could convince the corporate world of that saying we might make some progress on the global warming thing.

Blane

We've had progress on the warming thing. Planet got colder by .09 or something pointless. That's why all the talks swapped to climate change now. Its all a big con by the puppet masters that run the world. If politicians really wanted green energy EVERY new build house would have to have solar panels and a wind turbine and grey water recycling. Even if that electricity powered just one kettle a day, times that across every home in western world! But the moneys in fossil fuels and the directors are same people standing or funding politicians. Same with booze and fags, if its really that unhealthy ban it. But they won't cause the moneys in taxes and share holders who are also the politicians. Ah rant over. I'll chill out a bit now.

We've had progress on the warming thing. Planet got colder by .09 or something pointless. That's why all the talks swapped to climate change now. Its all a big con by the puppet masters that run the world. If politicians really wanted green energy EVERY new build house would have to have solar panels and a wind turbine and grey water recycling. Even if that electricity powered just one kettle a day, times that across every home in western world! But the moneys in fossil fuels and the directors are same people standing or funding politicians. Same with booze and fags, if its really that unhealthy ban it. But they won't cause the moneys in taxes and share holders who are also the politicians. Ah rant over. I'll chill out a bit now.

Piker,Idont want to open a can of worms on a fly tyin forum but no one in the US calls cigarettes fags.Any hoo,in Georgia here my favorite natural watershed has been ruined for over 2 years and unsafe to fish or swim or anything else because of one older company that is still being allowed to discharge into the river.Its a cryin shame!Some one even had the nerve to say that this company was too important to the community to stop them.

There you have it. Some policy maker who has fingers in the honey pot can't bear the idea of biting the hand that feeds it.

You got it right Piker, I wish we would force people to recycle, use water saving equipment, and energy saving devices, but the politicians refuse to institute laws that govern such things. They give incentives, but no regulations, it is all so wasteful. At our house we have one trash can and two recycle cans, we recycle as much as possible, it just makes sense to save the only planet we've got.

Big corporations don't care about that, just how much money they can make for themselves and their shareholders, screw anything that gets in the way of that profit.

Blane

Money talks and bullsh*t walks, has always been like that and will probably be like that until the end of times.

Just because I really dislike improper quotes and references ... this is an "adage" and not "prophecy". It doesn't predict anything unknown, it merely puts into words the doom that is obvious if resources are continually squandered.

That being said, it's also did not originate before the very pollution it warns about. It was first noted sometime in the late 70's or early 80's.

It's a good saying ... but it's nothing sacred or astounding.

As for the corporate world and the people wasting this worlds resources ... read "Pogo". Someone on here has the saying from that comic strip on their signature ... "I have seen the enemy, and he is us!"

Corporate entities make money from us ... not from polluting the world. They do the things they do because we buy the products they make. For example ... everyone on here talks about how much tying material they've purchased ... how many fishing trips they've taken, etc. No one thinks their little contribution has much effect ... but it all adds up.

Another example ... how many of you turn the shower off while you soap up and scrub down? How many gallons of water go down the drain just during the time people spend washing while standing out of the water spray?

Anyway, my rant is over ... I don't have any kids to leave the planet to, so I guess I really shouldn't care much. When Wife and I pass on, your kids can clean up the mess we've all left behind.

I am truly honored that you graced this thread with your wisdom Mikechell. I could care less if it's an adage or a prophecy. I just repeated what I had written down and thought that a few folks might enjoy it, but obviously you don't fall into that few folks category. I grump a little on this forum about such things as barbless hooks and lead in the waterways, but I never go looking so that I can correct what someone has written. If it is correction time then I feel obliged to refer you back to the third line down on your post. I am fairly certain that it should read "That being said, it also did not..." instead of "That being said, it's also did not... I am sure that I make quite a few mistakes while typing and encourage you read over any and all things that I post from now on and please point it out and if it's really bad then by all means send me a pm so that I can correct the matter. I do believe that I just made an almost fatal error...I typed a run-on sentence. There is a few cliché's that I could add right now, but I will just let it go.

Somebody needs a hug.Just because I feel helpless to change something doesnt mean I dont give a s#%t.Mikechell,the words"so I guess I shouldnt care much"speak volumes.My son could give a rats patoot about fishin but at least he understands responsibility.Ibet noone has to clean up behind you after fishin but I will if i need to just to set an example.Abrasive attitude and volatile response means you care sometimes.Ill hug you if Ihave to.

Sorry ... I didn't mean to ruffle any head dresses. I just put in my two cents worth after seeing everyone blame corporations for our own problems.

I really need to watch myself at times ... not being seen while talking allows for good debates to be taken as insults.

I do not correct typos ... everyone makes them and I could care less.

I'll bow out ... apologies made to anyone slighted.

No problem. I will put away my war paint now. Actually though, it was my great, great grandfather that had the head dress. I would only have a single turkey feather or something. Considering some of the crazy things that I have done over the years it would probably be a feather from a loon. I do have to say that before the great industrial revolution began that most things were produced one at a time and there was much less waste. There had to be byproducts and some pollution back then, but not at the level that it has been for the last one hundred and fifty or so years. A lot of the craftsmen were given a choice to either quit their craft and starve or start working in the new factories. Factories generate a lot more pollution than small businesses do. When wealthy folks or a smart individual with investors saw a opportunity for huge profits they bought out or put these smaller factories out of business to create huge corporations. Now we are are talking mega money and mega pollutants. You are right by saying that corporate entities make money from us because the majority of the population could not survive without the products that keeps most everyone cozy and comfortable and entertained and a mass boycott is a thought out of a fairy tale. At least we are trying to educate the younger generations and make them aware that there is a very serious threat to the world we all live in. It may have been Newton that said "every action has a reaction" I'm not sure on the quote because I was probably skipping class and playing pinball somewhere.

Piker,Idont want to open a can of worms on a fly tyin forum but no one in the US calls cigarettes fags.Any hoo,in Georgia here my favorite natural watershed has been ruined for over 2 years and unsafe to fish or swim or anything else because of one older company that is still being allowed to discharge into the river.Its a cryin shame!Some one even had the nerve to say that this company was too important to the community to stop them.

what watershed are you mentioning im from ga and the savannah is damn near that bad

Sorry .Woodinfliezz,late checkin back.Im in Savannah and the river would be the Ogeechee.River keepers and concerned citizens even had a meeting at Loves seafood on the river with THE Erin Brockovich that accomplished nothing.By the way I grew up here and I wont even fish in the Savannah river.

We need to go natural now..It is time to decrease our dependency on fossil fuels and make most of renewable sources of energy..