Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
artimus

Float tube

After looking at some ponds in and around town, I decided to get a tube to explore them. Not know squat about tubes, other then a U shape is preferred over a round one; did I get a deal?

Browning tube

Art

That's a pretty good deal considering the fins are included. It should be fine for getting around local ponds. I was also thinking about getting a tube, but am leaning more towards getting an inflatable pontoon boat.

-MuskyOnTheFly

If I had the $$$ I would be going with a 'toon all the way for sure. I already told wifey that it is in the cards in the next couple of years.

Art

The cool thing about pontoons is that they only require about 4 inches of water to float. You can also propel them by oars or some have a mount for an electric trolling motor. Pontoons are more for streams, tubes more for ponds/lakes. You should have a blast with your tube.

-MuskyOnTheFly

I agree. Pontoon crafts are GREAT for floating streams and rivers, but they tend to set higher in the water and tend to sail in the slightest breeze on lakes or ponds, which can be a real annoying thing if you have to keep finning or oaring back to your honey hole on a breezy April day. Speaking from experience, the tube is a far better choice for the ponds/lakes. They are tremendpus fun and can take a suprising amount of abuse. I use my tube on a lake that is notorious for long, timber filled hollows that you can't navigate with conventional crafts or even pontoons. I just fin my way in and enjoy the best fishing spots on the lake without being bothered by other anglers for the entire day........6'6" 4 wt comes in mighty handy in that situation, too!!! Short rod, short casts, lots of timber....just a memory waiting to be made.

QUOTE (Big Daddy Hubbard @ Jan 22 2005, 06:12 PM)
I agree. Pontoon crafts are GREAT for floating streams and rivers, but they tend to set higher in the water and tend to sail in the slightest breeze on lakes or ponds, which can be a real annoying thing if you have to keep finning or oaring back to your honey hole on a breezy April day. Speaking from experience, the tube is a far better choice for the ponds

You guys are gonna take advice from a guy that passes his time like this?

Even if he's right..... hubbard.gif lol.gif

Oh hi, Hubbard... LOL you old coon.... dry.gif

Hey, it's not my fault if a van full of masked guys pulls up one morning and takes you away...pretty sure you can't get in trouble from work for that LOL ph34r.gif

Sign in to follow this