Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

My latest creation 29g tank

Here's my latest tank creation, this one is in the workshop area of my basement shop/office. Didn't plan on doing yet another tank since I still have not finished my 265g 7ft office one, but I got this one for free while on vacation so couldn't pass it up. I did a hand made 3D background on this one and painted the back of the tank as well as tied the java moss onto the wood on the left to make it somewhat of a "Lord of the rings/middle earth" type theme to the tank. Then illuminated the sunset with a cfl light positioned behind the tank.

83dz.jpg

29g is actually one of the most common size tanks for a home tank because it is the same footprint as a 20g only deeper. They have all sorts of sizes from 1g all the way up to around 300g commercially made for home aquariums. The most common sizes are usually 10g,20g,20g long, 29g,40g breeder,55g,75g,90g,125g. Those are the ones most people use.

Picked up some fish for this tank today. Went back & forth on trying what to decide to stock it with but finally ended up with a nice colored beta and some cardinal tetras.
ntlj.jpg
n9bm.jpg

Sorry, I was offline for a few days. Nice tank, Steve. I am more of a "Sunrise" kind of guy, so I like the sunrise lighting.