Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
iso18

More pics of the Carp

I have recently got hooked on chasing carp with the fly. I have to say they are the toughest fish i have ever tried to fool with a fly. And even a 20 incher is like hooking into a mack truck. Well,this was my 7th common on the fly(1st one on a fly that didn't immitate some kinda of people food) and also the second one i have caught on the fly without chumming. This really bothers me. Cause I've been after this fish for about a week. Atleast i think its the same one. He is 29 inches and 11lbs. I know not a trophy by WV standards needs to be 31" or 15lbs. But like a fool I turned one loose i caught on a bread immitation(spun deer hair) I caught on top that was 32". And I have been wanting to get a big one to mount I think there beautiful.

I have also caught 12 buffalo carp and a few red tailed suckers in the last month. Only one was hooked like this and i saw him open his mouth and suck it up(i was just late on the hook set i guess. I just wonder if I should mount it since its not hooked in the lips. If u look closely its dang near and in the mouth area. Bjut it really bothers me that maybe he swam to look at the fly and i set and maybe he didn't eat. whats yalls guys take on this.

years,

Shanepost-15795-0-10561500-1377793229_thumb.jpgpost-15795-0-87940100-1377793197_thumb.jpgpost-15795-0-85195500-1377793165_thumb.jpg