Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pikeie

baby bass

huh.gif I like the fly---but the lack of a hook designation and tying instructions will leave the new tyers standing their with a big HUH! on their faces. May I respectfully submit that you add some of this info to your recipe. I think it's a great looking Bass fly and---I have tied a dozen already---now if the ice melts soon I can try them on the Bass. rolleyes.gif

sorry i was in a rush to post this one. the body is crosscut rabbit strips. first one tied in is a olive strip wrap it once or twice. then cut the excess off. then tye in a white rabbit cross cut strip and wrap it once or twice. then cut off the rest. tye in the remaning bit of olive rabbit strip then wrap it agian. then cut the rest. then the white wrap it once or twice agian. then cut, the the last bit is more olve strip wraped once. make sure the strips are tightly wraped together when they are put on the hook, or u will not have the room to tye them on. i cant wait for the bass eather headbang.gif