Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Let The Voting Begin!

Well here it is, the moment you have all been waiting for. It's time to cast vote for the 2004 Fly Tyer of the Year!

I have to once again thank the sponsors of this years contest, they really help make the event. Because of their generous contributions the members were eager and excited about participating. I hope you all thank the sponsors by thinking of their company the next time your in the market for some new stuff, they deserve it. Of course special thanks goes to Carl who started the contest off by donated an absoluetly beautiful custom built fly rod. His step by step building process of the rod really helped in keeping everyone's interest and anticipation for the contest, I owe you Carl!

OK here is a brief overview of how the voting works.

• Every registered member is permitted in casting their votes for the contest
  • The voting deadline is Thursday January 27th, 9:00 PM EST
  • I ask that all voting be done fairly and honestly. There cannot be any discussion about a particular fly until the voting has completely finished.
  • I did my best to make sure no flies got left out and that they appeared in the correct category. I gave everyone a couple of days to give me feedback and I also went through each fly again just to make sure. There may be a few mistakes and I apologize for that but once the voting has started I cannot go in and correct anything.
  • Those who have submitted flies should feel free to cast their votes. Participants cannot vote for themselves, the voting software will not allow it.

When you first go to the voting booth you will see this box. The box contains all of the categories for the contest. It keeps track of which category you have voted in and will display "Voted" in red next to the category:

user posted image

When you click on your first category you should see a page full of images. Below each image is two buttons one labeled "Best in Category" and the other "Best Overall Fly".

user posted image

Here is what each button does.

"Best in Category" This is how you vote for the best fly in each category. Find the fly that you like the best in that category and click this button.

"Best Overall Fly" This button is used to vote for what you consider the best fly in the entire contest. You can only press this button ONCE. So what everyone should do is go through and vote for each category and as you go keep in mind(or write down) your favorite fly. Then go back and cast your vote for "Best Overall Fly".

I have put alot of effort into this project and the participants worked hard on tying up the best flies that they could. I only ask that everyone takes the time to vote for each category. It may take awhile but you don't have to do it in one sitting, you could come back the next day and it will remember what you voted for. The more votes we can get the better the results will be, so I'm counting on you guys coming through for me wink.gif

Good luck to all the participants and this has been a alot of fun.

To cast your votes for the 2004 Fly Tyer of the Year visit: http://www.flytyingforum.com/?act=contest_vote

Yup same here i almost forgot to give a thanks to the guy that spent weeks taking 450 pics of flies every night blink.gif great job bud you really put together a nice contest this year clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

Almost forgot! I made sure all participants were at an even keel by making the order the flies are displayed competely random. So everytime someone goes to vote it's in a differnet order so no fly is always at the bottom of the page or at the top.

Hell of a job Will! Super sweet flies that made for hard voting.I think there were many ties as i really had a hard time picking which one to vote for. Everyone did a excellent job cheers.gif

I'll save my best overall vote until i look over them all again many times...as there are so many that are worthy of the best vote.

Hats off to all the Members and Will for all their labor involved.

Thank You! also to all the Sponsers who donated items headbang.gif

I think Chris Helm entered the contest lol.gif

Brent.

clapping.gif EXCELLENT WORK Will and All tyers!!! I just spent an agonnizing hour voting on all catagories. Some of the toughest voting I have had to do. The talent on this forum is AWESOME! I want to vote this site number 1...bamboo rods for everyone laugh.gif

A.A. smoke.gif I think I need a drink after that

Guys - a fantastic job on tying those flies, some are just unbelievable, so hearty congratulations to everyone from me. Also a quick word of thanks and appreciation to whoever has been involved in the organisation and publication of all these. It was obviously an enormous amount of work so thanks from me from the other side of the earth. Can I have my rod now?

wonderful stuff.

I accidently cast my rookie of the year vote as fly of the year. can I get that back, becuase I sure didn't mean it.

I can't even begin to think about that one.

now maybe I know why I didn't submit.

or not.

mgj

Wowee! That took a while to vote, there were so many excellent flies. Great job on the photos, organization and promoting Will! And great job on the entries everyone!

I hope that after the contest is over we can have some discussion around many of the flies with patterns. I would really like to try tying many of the entries I saw!

Whip finish,

Michael

Man ! this is a great morning... I saw the vote system, wow ! this is great ! thank's for the way you did it

Tiers, well, you have make a big show here ! Wow... thank's to all tyers headbang.gif thumbup.gif

Im new, But that contest was put togtehr very well! I voted fairly, and respectfull!

greay job with this contest

~Po0gS