Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Let The Voting Begin!

Wow.. I had a really hard time voting, especially in the rookie catagory, We have some real talent here. Great job guys, and thanks Will for putting this all together very nicely done. cheers.gif

Hey group,

Just wanted to take a minute and tell EVERYONE what an excellent job on the contest: unbelieveable.

I voted in 4 or 5 classes and I had a tough time selecting what I think is the BEST fly--great work. dunno.gif

Gonna try and look over the unvoted catagories and make a selection today.

You guys are great.

Nice work ALL around, rolleyes.gif

tidbit

That was better than any book I've ever picked up on fly patterns. And just like a book, it took me almost two hours to get through all the flies and categories...

clapping.gif

I just want to say "WOW". rolleyes.gif Great flies and great photography. There is a lot of talented fly tyers in this forum. One thing i would"nt have minded seeing with each fly would be the hook size and the name of the fly. Smaller hooks are harder to ty on as we all know and would consider this when chosing the best fly. I would like to see the name just because i like names of flies. Just suggesting not complaining. smile.gif i think i read someone mentioning Will as the one who sets this up, Great Job! headbang.gif

WOW great flies all. I had a hard time voting. I still haven't voted for the overall fly. It is going to be hard. Will, You are friggin awsome!!!!! Great job on the contest. I too would like to see the names and size of flies. It would make voting a little harder but it would be worth it.

Decisions, decisions,decisions what an awesome display of talent. Will, the entire format, was first class. OUTSTANDING EFFORT!!

I've been coming to this site since September of 2003, and the added features are out of sight.

Thanks for the oppurtunity to vote.

Have a good one,

Pat Carroll

Wow, Wow, Wow,

This Web forum could do its own fly-tying show. The flies in this contest are unbelievable. I can see more categories for the future. Fly photo art submitted by tiers, realistic style imitations. traditional patterns, on and on.

Smalliehunter, or should I say Will, let me say the photos and organization of this contest and sight are like nothing I have ever seen on the web, and I do a lot of research and surfing on a ton of sights.

Great job everyone. I have been tying for 36 years and many of those rookie flies put me to shame. I think guys need to submit pattern info on the contest flies.

If every contest fly, with step by step photos and directions were put on a CD and made into a slide show, I'd Buy it. A great way to help this website.

To everyone involved with Flytyingforum, Thanks much.

Conehead

(Perhaps a conehead category next year)

We are up to 2100 votes for the contest, and still almost every category has at least a couple of flies within a couple votes of each other. headbang.gif

I just have to add another WOW! to the list of wow's!

Unbelieavable tying from all the tyers! Outstanding photography...and very easy to use interface....Hat's off to you Will, Excellent Job!

When I look through the photos (And I checked them all out...some more than once!) It made me think of the series of fly tying books by Dick Stewart & Farrow Allen such as "Flies for Bass and Panfish".

It would be an awesome idea to create a yearly - year book of contest flies with tyers names and instructions. A CD would be cool too (And maybe less expensive to produce) Great fundraiser for the site!

Anyway.....Spectacular Job to all involved!

Tom