Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

FTF Fly Challenge

I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here too. I call it Good and Plenty after the licorice candy.

Michael

recipe:

weighted

white maraboo tail with 8 strands of black krystal flash

pink chenile body

black hackle palmered

post-2-1106624853.jpg

Hey Rob Knisely,

Briefly back to the questions you had on the bugger. It had been about 5 years since I tied those, but with the bugger swap I've started tying them again. First I slip 7 beads onto the hook, tie on two pieces of slim olive flash material about half the length of the marabou tail, tie on a loop of fine gold wire, tie on the marabou tail, whip finish and cut the thread, drop of cement at the tail area. Put the dubbing in the loop, spin it up tight, pick at it a bit with a bodkin to fluff it out, wind it up between the beads real tight, stop one bead before the head bead, couple extra wraps, then tie on the thread again at that point then whip finish and cement. This I believe is the strongest way to tie this fly. I was looking at pictures last night and found one day in the Chilean Andes fishing Rio Puelo with this bugger I have a beautiful brown, sea run rainbows and an Atlantic with the bugger showing, still in the fish's mouth.

Graham

How bout a wiggle bugger?

user posted image

This is also tied with a Marabou body like Pujics. Thought I was the one who thought up that idea...just goes to show everytime you think you've came up with unique fly...someone somewhere has probably already thought of it.

Tony

I posted this one below as well and really like the 1/2 portion of the piping body and the wolly bugger style head for the remaining front half. Like these in olive or black but after seeing more of the previous posts will be trying some new colors. One thing I did leave out is a little crystal flash in the tail.... doooh..

Hans

post-2-1106708637.jpg

Man, there sure are some awesome bugger pictures here, some very inovative stuff. A bugger category in the next tying contest will be hot.

Graham

Here's something a little different...I've been playing around with boa yarn. This bugger is tied using the boa yarn as the palmered material on a saltwater hook. To get it to stand up, it is wedged between hollow plastic bead pony lace over the chenille.

user posted image

This is in a salwater size on a #2 saltwater hook.

Mark Delaney

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Here is two that I did for the 2 swaps that I am in. The first one is for the GLSteelhead Swap. The next two for the bugger swap. New material for the hackle, like it?

QUOTE (Leaky Waders @ Jan 24 2005, 11:39 PM)
I think im headed in the wrong direction with my Buggers laugh.gif

user posted image

Leaky smile.gif

As long as its not in the "Canadian" direction!