Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

Fly casting...... the faces we make :-) :-)

Fly fishers are probably not aware that we are making some strange faces when we are casting with our fly rods :-)

This is my friend Vidar who became aware of this problem after looking at this picture :-)

...... i think it´s called feel and passion, Vidar :-)

9919629936_2904d1af45_b.jpg

Petter.... i guess we can call this feel and passion too :-) :-)

9919882396_00b4194ac2_b.jpg

Don´t worry, be happy... Rune :-) :-) ....... your eyes are rolling, my friend :-)

9845004685_f1c8e1a663_b.jpg

Even Mr. fly fishing himself.... Staffan Lindstrøm.... makes funny faces when he cast :-)

9920127756_c3f4c9bd71_b.jpg

Iselin..... you look really happy on how this cast was performed :-) :-)

You go girl..... :-)

9920375704_31c8367676_b.jpg

Ole Erik has a more or less Rock´n Roll approach to fly casting :-) :-)

9920563206_87c1f3c32c_b.jpg

Hey mom.... please let me have a few more casts...... i´m bored and about to fall asleep :-) :-)

9920861764_615f10c717_b.jpg

Terje

Love it! This makes me feel much better. I was wondering why other folks laugh out loud when I am casting.

Now I know (I think!).

Thanks for posting.

Thanks a lot, Chase Creek :-)

I have also been wondering about the same thing :-) :-)

Terje

Terje, you have made me self conscious now. I would hate to see some of the weird faces that I make when I am trying to get that perfect cast under a limb or even the strange faces I probably make when I'm mending and trying for a good drift. I would really hate to see the stupid face that I make when a laurel reaches out and grabs my fly. Laurels are evil plants. You never accidently cast into them. They catch you not looking and bend out over the creek and grab your fly and never let it go. Grass on a high bank tends to create a puzzled look on your face too. I think it grows a few feet within a second and snatches you on the back cast and then you just stand in the middle of the creek making a dumb face. It also helps to slightly stick your tongue out on a really long cast...

Take Care,

Tony

Terje, you have made me self conscious now. I would hate to see some of the weird faces that I make when I am trying to get that perfect cast under a limb or even the strange faces I probably make when I'm mending and trying for a good drift. I would really hate to see the stupid face that I make when a laurel reaches out and grabs my fly. Laurels are evil plants. You never accidently cast into them. They catch you not looking and bend out over the creek and grab your fly and never let it go. Grass on a high bank tends to create a puzzled look on your face too. I think it grows a few feet within a second and snatches you on the back cast and then you just stand in the middle of the creek making a dumb face. It also helps to slightly stick your tongue out on a really long cast...

Take Care,

Tony

he he he........ that was a good one, Tony :-) :-) ........ i kind of think i have been in the same situation myself a few times :-)

Terje