Fly Tying
tctrout

October Flies from the Vise

Yeah I think the sea trout will love it. Used the spey type feathers from the bottom edge of the guinea skin to make a nice sparse tail and collar. Two for the tail and one for the collar.

Had to bring out my new green guinea skin and make this (on the Allen SW002 #6 hook), I didn't make it sparse though ;)

dryfly.me_.2013.10.11.guinea_neck-1024x6

I like that fly and I like the Allen SW hooks too. They allow you to sharpen them without having a strop which is a big plus around my salty places.

Phwoar that is super awesome looking, question what does 'Phly' mean? Is that a special technique or you just made a spelling error? Also i see people saying 'fleye' a lot too, kinda of makes me want to question their education or at least ask why they call it that? Just seems odd. Anyway awesome fly :)

Nice to see your flies posted here Pete, I think I'm outta drool after reading the post over at Noreast!

Thanks' Shaun...

Harvey approached me a while back at the Fly Fishing Show in Somerset NJ and asked if I wouldn't mind posting some of my meanderings...

It's turned into a curious collection and I still post when something nice happens and the camera likes what it sees...

F70A1490_zpsedb60132.jpg

FYI:

Jay Smit (Jvise) is making plans to attend the International Fly Tying Symposium in Somerset this November...

He'll be in the running for the "longest airplane ride to attend" award and will have some interesting tools to show off...

Look for us at Faruk Ekich's booth (Ultimate Bobbin)... I'll be their "caddy" and "go-fer"...

Cheerz

I will buy that fly right now! That's an amazing looking fly. I bet the action on that fly is incredible.