Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

Chief Needabeh

On 10/6/2013 at 3:00 PM, mvendon said:

Don't forget about Chief Jay Strongbow . He used to wear a full head dress right up to when he was in the wrestling ring. When he went on the warpath, it was usually the end of the match for the other guy wink.png

Regards,

Mark

I remember Chief Jay Strongbow. .  Wrestling was on TV on friday nights late and we were forbidden to watch !   Hmmm.   Use to be on some crappy UHF station and I had to hold a piece of aluminum foil to that round antenna in the back of the tv to get a grainy picture of the matches.  Fun. Those were the days.

2 hours ago, Mogup said:

I remember Chief Jay Strongbow. .  Wrestling was on TV on friday nights late and we were forbidden to watch !   Hmmm.   Use to be on some crappy UHF station and I had to hold a piece of aluminum foil to that round antenna in the back of the tv to get a grainy picture of the matches.  Fun. Those were the days.

Wow, you got UHF in them days, talk about living large!  You probably had a 'clicker' too!

On 9/26/2020 at 6:09 PM, niveker said:

Wow, you got UHF in them days, talk about living large!  You probably had a 'clicker' too!

👍.   Clicker !  You had a clicker ? 

See the book by Frank Speck - Penobscot Man

Roland was married to Opal Miriam Jones.  One of their daughters was Mary Therese "Patsy"(b. 1923) listed as the first Penobscot to join the Marine Corps and served during WWII.