Fly Tying
bentflyrod

SECRET SANTA SWAP 2013!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it jd1983. Although there are some top flight tyers on the list, some of us are just bumbling hacks.

Breambuster

You were in the first swap I did and I don't remember your fly looking like a product from a bumbling hack. Hopefully I am in on this one.

This is where we stand on swapper's. With 3 days to go for new swapper's, we could get a few more!!!!

1) fishingbobnelson

2) flygirl

3) Crotalus

4) Ebrant10

5) m_grieb

6) vicrider

7) flytire

8) famill00

9) Herman

10) breambuster

11) mybadhabit

12) netabrookie

13) FrequentTyer

14) DavidR

15) Jolly Red

16) rifleriversteelheadslayer

17) agn54

18) SullyTm

19) utyer

20) ronc23

21) Fletchfishes

22) Horseshoes

23) Flyunder

24) Olefish

25) jd1983

26) michaelray

Yes jd1983 you are in!

BFR

Bfr, that's a good looking number of tiers we've got here! Which translates into a lot of work for you, thanks for your time and efforts to make this happen. Jack

My flies have left the building.... They should make it in time from Europe to the USA (I hope haha)

I ended up having the rainy day off work today, so I got all mine tied up. As soon as I get an address they'll be in the mail.

I will be watching for them Herman. Yours make it hear faster than flies from 40 miles away in Canada.LOL

BFR

I must say I'm impressed. I've never been in a swap where this many tiers have been ready to send out flies this early... This is my first swap here, is this the norm for ftf ?

Flyunder, the basic answer to that is NO. The difference in this one is that it's not tied to a particular pattern, style or material. That means many of us who have boxes of previous ties can showcase our work by picking a lot of the best we have done and also do a mix of patterns and styles. I did tie a couple for just this swap that I like but didn't have many of. The truth is when we are in a swap with a dozen specific types of flies to tie then many of us race to the wire to get them done in time, especially when people like me aren't all that great on the bench and we strip and redo about every other tie. Well, maybe not that bad but I do always do a few extra and sort the best.

And bentflyrod, I missed post today but will go out tomorrow. I have a small package in there for your efforts in this but must warn you that if you dump my offerings to you on the bench in front of you...DON'T SNEEZE...laugh.png laugh.png

Ok, that does make sense. I didn't think of it that way. So I'm not the only one that takes a razor to a fly I'm not happy with, good to know. Whenever I'm in a swap I always feel a sense of urgency, I like to have the ties finished well before they're due. ( I get called a lot of things but never late for supper )