Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

October swap club 2013

I have a few packages for this months swapclub I have been so busy with firefighter school that I haven't even looked at them I will check them out when I get home from hunting tonight and update this page I will also sort September's out and mail them Monday

Having a nephew who is a fulltime fireman in NC some of the things they put you thru in school make you feel about like that. My nephews in town are on the volunteer fire dep't. here and they go for regular training also. One of them got trapped in a brush fire with another guy and narrowly missed ending up like that.

I will put mine in the mail today. I was sent a stretchy blue rubber band type thing for my mystery material. I tied a small worm with this material. I took inspiration from the Green Weenie fly. I weighted it heavily so it would sink.

-Forrest

I think I have everyones for this month and September I will check and sort them all out and mail on Tuesday I been so busy with school and work I have been slacking on this I am really sorry to all I wont need any return postage for November as I will mail them from the past 2 months in one so I will keep the extra envelope for November

I got the flies back today. I wish everyone had said on their tag what their mystery material was. I was looking forward to hearing what everyone else was using.

Well mine was shoe lace. Normally id use mylar tubing instead of shoelace but might use shoe lace a bit more.

Mine was a strand (?) from a silicone basting brush head. It is used for the extended tail and looks like a bright orange rod with a small knob on the end.

Mine was a strand from a "2 Tone Eyes Puffer Worm." It used it for a kind of an extended body, tail. This was HARD material for me to work with.