Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

What's your favorite part of fishing?

I feel like there are too many things about it that are so endearing to me that make up the whole of it, that I could not pick out just one to be called my favorite thing. From the bench to the end of a day out... Not the answer you wanted I know but an answer just the same.

For me its the chance to get out there and play the game. Sometimes we win and catch a huge fish, other times we don't get a single bite. Sometimes conditions seem perfect nothing happens, other times we feel we should still be on the couch and all heck breaks loose. Just getting out there and playing the game is what its all about its our season that never closes and its game day 365 days of the year.

after reading all the responses I feel everyone enjoys the "adventure". by adventure I mean having the ability to make your own choice, then experiencing your own outcome,and(my personal opinion) is essentially what every human strives for. and after trail and error we find success! Life and Living are two different things and once you discover what makes you feel alive, things become much less complicated and you stop focusing on materialistic shit. As dumb as that may sound .

P.S. Great topic Mike! This has opened my eyes to quite a bit!

For me it's probably the thing that engenders most hunters I know to the great outdoors; something about connecting with nature and then conquering it just sets me right.

For me, it's the wildlife. I may drive 3-4 hours and not catch a single fish, but if I see deer, eagles, osprey, blue herons, kingfishers, otters, beaver, etc - that's a great day.

On many days while on the water I actually miss half of my hits. I am always rubbernecking and enjoying my surroundings. Yes, I want to feel the pull but being on the creek is my release.

1. Figuring out what works for the day then doing it again and again.

2. Watching a big Tarpon eat my fly then hanging on while he tows me around and jumps like crazy. After they quit jumping I break them off.

3. Drifting, looking and learning.

4. Snapper straight from the water to my wife's frying pan then to our plates. (Yeah, I eat fish.)

5. Sometimes just getting away from the local carnivores.