Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

What's your favorite part of fishing?

You know that little moment in time when you feel that little shock runnin down the rod when your hook encounters somethin solid?Thats not it.Its that little moment right after that when you realize its not a stump or a rock,whether its that explosive surge or that slow movement of somethin that doesent know its hooked or that first head shake when it realizes its hooked.Thats the thing that will make me go back time and again and replays in my head even when Im sleepin.

So, if you are hunting butterflies or other insects with a net, that would make you a predator, too. AND, some insects can actually hurt or kill you back, so the fight or flight thing goes both ways. I am joking, of course. It's all opinion, and mine is no better or worse than anyone else's.

In a way, you are correct. I have hunted butterflies (and other insects) since I was a kid, and I have a fairly comprehensive collection which brings back floods of memories whenever I pull out a drawer and look into it---- collecting Parnassius eversmanni in Alaska with one eye while looking for grizzlies with the other, one hand on the net and the other close to the grip of my 44... some small coppers and blues from Lithuania and Poland and Russia when I was there in a different life, giant and beautiful moths collected at night in the drug-running canyons of southeast Arizona, on and on and on, and others simply from my back yard collected with my son when he was small.

As for fishing, I don't know if I can define a favorite part.... you have something there with the hookset idea. I enjoy challenges when it comes to fishing I guess--- catching bass 3-1/2 miles off shore in my kayak in Lake Erie, staying out for "just one more cast" when I know it is too late already and I still have to get home, put my gear away, and get up in the morning to go to work---- I don't know.

Here's one: My family and I just got done demolishing a big pile of deep-fried in peanut oil Crappie fillets that I caught on fly rod a few months ago... that certainly ranks up there in FAVORITE territory!

Perhaps... the memories are the best part of fishing?

Woman in waders.

Skinny

TOPLESS women in waders

Do you guys see this often??? I wanna fish where you are, if so !!!