Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rubensano69

Sources For Wholesale Fly Tying Materials

I want to change from my current wholesaler to a new one with a wide variety of tying materials. Mostly interested in rabbit skins, flashabous , Fish Skull products, and all manner of threads, chineills, and Hard as hull products. Thank you for the information.

I hope you will welcome a jig tier. I would like to integrate some fly tying patterns and materials in to my work. My black perch appears on the cover of the Oct. issue of the "In- Fisherman" magazine. Also a photo of two of my most recent black perch ties.

Thanks again

post-50723-0-92000100-1381950986_thumb.jpg

post-50723-0-02187700-1381951014_thumb.jpg

try wapsi, hareline, montana fly company for wholesale

fly tyers dungeon has a program to buy materials and then sell them retail under your name brand

Many retail catalogue outfits are also wholesalers, add Cascade Crest to your outfits you want to do business with... When you contact them they're going to want a copy of your business license, tax certificate number (if a US tyer/manufacturer, etc.) and a few other details about your credit references. Good luck, I made the switch to full bore commercial tying (both flies and jigs) quite a few years ago now. The relationships you forge with your wholesalers will be critical to your success.... Good Luck!

Tight Lines

Bob LeMay

(954) 435-5666

Don't know how it might affect the original poster with tying jigs, but I recall that most wholesalers also had minimum order requirements. They usually wanted the order to be a minimum dollar amount. I found it was not always financially sound to place wholesale orders, when I only needed small amounts of certain materials, so you might want to take that into consideration also. Didn't make sense to spend $100 to get a wholesale price if I only needed $10 worth of a material that I might only use occasionally.

You should contact theriault flies for a catalog. They have a website but you need a catalog to really see what they have. They raise all kinds of animals for fly tying including hackle birds. You get a discount if you buy in bulk. Exp-hen saddle- per saddle-$5.95- per 3 or more any color combo-$5.06 ea. Almost everything in their catalog is priced like that even stuff they don't produce like thin skin, Danville thread, etc. You would probably even get a better deal depending on how much you spend but no order is too small either.