Fly Tying
Kudu

Hunters Harvest Swap

I will be tying a #12 Turkey Tail Nymph: Turkey Tail body, Black Duck Tail and legs, Groundhog thorax and Mallard Wing wing case. The copper ribbing was harvested from some demolition I did.

Michael

My daughters wanted to help name this fly. They wanted something that reflected the holidays this time of year.

So we have called it the "Tur-Duck-Hog". For everyone that has ever had a meal with Tur-Duck-Kin will understand.

They are toe tagged and will be in the mail by Friday.

Michael

#14 "Red-Headed Dove Rat"

Red Glass Bead

Muskrat Dubbing

Mourning Dove Collar

I was hoping to get them finished this week, but I've been called out of town for work... Hopefully next weekend...

Henrik's superbly tied flies arrived. Henrik thank you for the "in hand tied" spiders. I like them very much. Happy Holidays!

It is a good thing I didn't say which Friday it was going to be. Wow time has got away from me.

Just gave them to the postmaster.

To all, Merry Christmas.

Michael

Nate!!!

You OK up there? I know it's been a bit cold and snowy on your end, so I thought I'd check in to make sure you are there.

We lost power on 12-23 around noon. Tuesday morning I drained the water from the house, packed the family and headed 4 hours south to be with family for the holidays. I was told we didn't get it back untill Sat the 28th. When my alarm went off this morn., the announcer said it was -15 without windchill. Felt good to step out and not be able to breath for a couple of minutes. Reminds you that your alive.

Michael

Man Michael, where you from? I know there is a lot of weather hitting the east right now and this has sure been a nasty winter around the country, even around the world for that matter. The earth spins on and we just have to do our best to cope what she throws at us. I do know after watching a lot of the snow and ice and crashed cars on the News and the Weather Channel I have no complaints about my choice to move to west central OK after retiring a couple of years ago. A lot of things I miss but winter storms aren't one of them. When unseasonably cold here is 20 degrees I can handle that.

Back to the swap. I'm going to send my flies out Monday. I really wanted to do a second set but 17 flies was just too big a swap. I don't think I've sign up for one that goes over 12 again. I'm not as happy with my flies since the plan was for them to have a second one in the pot but I did a bead chain squirrel tail that has been a good dark day panfish producer. I'm a big believer in the dark day/dark fly, bright day/bright fly system and this is a dark day producer.

The news said this morning that we are going to get the coldest weather of the year starting Monday and the fire department I work for already sent out a page that all fire fighters in our county are to remain on alert and standby our chief called and has scheduled us station time shifts for this week so I bet we are in for a bad one here in Michigan to

Snow storms are one thing I really don't miss, I've been living in the south now for 25 years and don't regret a minute of it(well maybe). The summers may be a bit brutal at times, but I really hate the cold, I think my blood thinned quite a bit from living in Las Vegas for 14 years. I don't know how I survived those Nebraska winters with -30 wind chills, if it gets below 32 I get to move my appointments back until it get warmer, hands, water and wind don't work well for me. I don't know how you guys deal with that kind of cold and enjoy it.

My flies will be in the mail on Monday.

Blane

Snow storms are one thing I really don't miss, I've been living in the south now for 25 years and don't regret a minute of it(well maybe). The summers may be a bit brutal at times, but I really hate the cold, I think my blood thinned quite a bit from living in Las Vegas for 14 years. I don't know how I survived those Nebraska winters with -30 wind chills, if it gets below 32 I get to move my appointments back until it get warmer, hands, water and wind don't work well for me. I don't know how you guys deal with that kind of cold and enjoy it. My flies will be in the mail on Monday. Blane

Man Michael, where you from? I know there is a lot of weather hitting the east right now and this has sure been a nasty winter around the country, even around the world for that matter. The earth spins on and we just have to do our best to cope what she throws at us. I do know after watching a lot of the snow and ice and crashed cars on the News and the Weather Channel I have no complaints about my choice to move to west central OK after retiring a couple of years ago. A lot of things I miss but winter storms aren't one of them. When unseasonably cold here is 20 degrees I can handle that.

Hi guys,

I live in the middle of Maine where the men are men, the women are men and the sheep are just paranoid. Just joking. I mean disrespect toward sheep. This year, as with a lot of the nation, has been colder than normal. We have broken 3 record lows since the beginning of December. Someone said to me, "there goes the theory of global warming!"

Looking forward to April... I mean May, because that is usually can get to open water.

Michael