Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jul's_360

Fly Tying Station

Hey guys. I'm new on this forum, I'm from ottawa Ontario Canada and I will soon be getting a new vice and I really like the Nor-Vice. I want to get a fly tying station and I can't seem to find one I like. I'm not to good with wood working so getting one already made would work for me greatly.. Just wanted to see what u guys have as stations and if U could post picutres or if U bought one where did u get it from? Even if u ty with a Now-Vice how do u like it and how did u install it to your station or bench..

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Cheers guys and thanks

I'm also from Ottawa... Though now I reside in the Albertan Rockies.....

My station is where I eat

A88A4F59-F514-41E5-A809-6E3CFADD6A85-112

Jul's there is a lot of information on this site. If you search for "Show Bench" you are sure to get a lot of ideas.

It all rather depends on what space you have available and your lifestyle.

My choice was a simple lap station, so I could tie flies while "watching" television with the family or just sitting around the kitchen table. You can read about my reasoning and the "construction" here http://losthackle.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/fly-tying-lap-station/

station1.jpg?w=448

If you search "Bench" you'll see more tying benches and be able to read about pro's and con's of many of them and why each person prefers their bench set up over others.

Blane

Yeah in spent alot of time looking in the google search images at a ton of stations and I want to see some with the nor-vice on them and see what other people come up with.. Any sites u guys know where they sell some really nice ones?

Check out Stoney creek fly tying. They are here in pa and they do everything from a small portable tabletop bench to full on tying desks with cabinets top and bottom made from cherry and or oak. I've been told they will build you a custom bench exactly how you want it as well. One of the local fly shops has one and it is gorgeous, made from cherry wood. I can't imagine they come cheap though.

LH. If I needed a desk to tie on I could stand that one. Jul's,have you been tying long? I'm asking because there are so many options out there for this sort of thing if you have not been tying long hold off on dropping a lot of money until you get an idea of what "you're" going to want and what will fit you and your needs. Take your time deciding on something tying for awhile will let you know what you need and where it will be. If you're a long time tier ignore my entire post. :)

I designed and built this workspace to keep everything contained as I worked.

FlyTieMar2011-3.jpg

This is my tying space. Picked up a cheap desk, and everything else is Rubbermaid and Sterilite.

DSC_0601.jpg

Hey flyunder. Yeah I just started three months ago but I just wanted a few ideas of what guys have as a station and if they like the Nor-Vice at all.. wanted to see what they had as stations already made and how expensive it is.. And maybe guys that have a station with the Nor-Vice together to give me am idea what guys have..

Cheers and thanks..

Search the local thrift stores. I found this roll top desk for very cheap. It holds a ton of stuff and keeps everything dust free and out of sight when not in use.

post-28950-0-20779700-1383235255_thumb.jpg

Yeah does desks are awesome if u can find some for cheap like u did.. how does everyone kike their nor-vice for the ones that has one..?