Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
troutguy

Anyone ever used Angelina?

My wife brought this stuff home from a yarn store. She uses it to make scarves. I comes in nice colors. Very minnow looking. It is only $1.25. CHEAP! The photo does not capture the sparkle well.

post-3361-0-60552400-1383502145_thumb.jpg

I spin it and just tie it like hair.

post-3361-0-53053100-1383506046_thumb.jpg

Quick five minute fly.

The top is gray Angelina the tail is green and the bottom some white stuff.

Two inch minnow on a size 4 stainless hook for saltwater.

Never noticed it in UK. What is the proportion mix they give for the material? I'll look around for something similar.

Angelina fiber is great stuff, lots of sparkle, cheap and makes great sparkle dubbing too. I have many bags of the stuff and use it frequently.

Blane

Never noticed it in UK. What is the proportion mix they give for the material? I'll look around for something similar.

Piker, you can find it in Hobbycraft.

Or if you look it up online, it is used to decorate shirts and dresses, it is an iron on type plastic fiber that melts to the fabric. Unless you use it a lot, one bag will last you and a couple friends a lifetime, you can find it at soft expressions for the cheapest price last I checked.

Blane

I have a bunch of colors of this and its great by itself, or mixed with dubbing.

A few colors of this stuff I have upwards of 10+ pounds of. I'll never run out...

I picked up some various types of raw wool in a yarn shop while sight seeing with my Mom the other day. looks like great dubbing and comes in natural or dyed colors. Its kind of funny how you stumble upon materials in other craft shops. I wonder if it ever works the other way around?