Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
KCJerryD

First Fish with fly I tied

Got the opportunity to fish a private pond on Saturday. Excellent fishing to be had. Caught 7 fish with a couple of flies that I tied. First chance that I have had to fish my own flies.

IMG_0797_zps611f3702.jpg

IMG_0803_zpse34f3d05.jpg

Personal best LMB - 3 lbs. 19"

IMG_0802_zps9c0729b2.jpg

Awesome, congrats! I think my first fish on a fly I tied was smaller than the fly

That's a real nice crappie ... and some good bass, too. What flies were you using? The first bass looks like it's got a pinkie in it's mouth.

Nice. Again, good job and welcome to Fly Tying Addicts Anonymous. Oh, not so anonymous anymore, I guess.

I can't view your photos right now as I'm on my work computer and it won't let me, but two thumbs up and congrats on hooking that first fish on your own creation. In the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi, "You have taken your first step into a larger world." (Sorry guys - couldn't resist :) )

First off congrats! Unfortunately I can't stand photos where people take the fish out of the water and lay it on the ground. Unless you are planning on killing the fish, this is a very very bad habit. I sure hope you don't do that to trout in the summer! Just my opinion.

Retire the fly (s) and look at them 5-10 years from now and see how they compare tying wise....To what you will be tying at that time...that reads kinda confusing.....Ahem, "See if your tying improves in 5-10 years"

Murray

"Back away from the bottle sir...."