Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SilverCreek

As close to fly fishing in a bathtub as possible

There ARE a lot of places that do NOT allow C & R for whatever reason. If he is following the rules and regs for his area it is not right to condemn him for doing so

Murray

PS I agree with Henrik as to the negative thinkers...it gets old fast!

lykos33, Good point, I had completely forgotten that some places do not allow C&R at all. At least it was a clean harvest and probably as rifflerriversteelheadslayer said, a good meal.

On another BB, one person was familiar with this type of fishing said that the reason for casting to the hole from a distance was to avoid spooking the fish.

It's amazing what sticks out to people when they see something. I thought nothing of the fish harvest, the fight, or it being a small pond of water. I thought how can you walk on that stuff and how deep is it if you fall through.

Even if he wasn't required to release the fish, as long as it is legal to keep who cares if he keeps it? I practice C&R, but don't think it is appropriate or necessary for every fishery or every fisherman. Very cool place to fish!

It's amazing what sticks out to people when they see something. I thought nothing of the fish harvest, the fight, or it being a small pond of water. I thought how can you walk on that stuff and how deep is it if you fall through.

I thought why isn't that guy wearing snow shoes?

I have seen stuff like this on the web before. I have also seen in like south Africa in the jungles and swamps where they have tribesmen dig holes in the matt and fish through the whole like ice fishing but with mud and jungle moss.

you walk on that stuff *really* careful! In Norway we have a lot of those bogs ( like this picture here: http://dryfly.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/dryfly.me_.2013.10.07.new_waters_6-1024x682.jpg ). We end up putting out logs on top of the bog to walk to avoid falling down into the lake (the balancing act is a feature in itself with wet logs and waders...) and yes: you have to cast from far away because once you step on the bog it creates ripples through the lake: the trout disappears before you know it!

Dude I agree with comments on the chap in the film but have to say, target some double figure carp or a barbel and then tell me you didn't use the reel and the first drams on me.

Well, I don't have any barbels here in the states, and I only put carp on the reel because I've rarely ever hooked one that didn't take me to backing on the first run.