Fly Tying

2005 midwest fly fishing expo

Was ther first time at one of these and found it very interesting.Did come home with a few things.Met a few of guides from out in Montana that float down yellowstone river behind my brothers.also had the pleasure to meet Dave Mclntire(dry fly) of dry fly boats.Will be seeing him again later this spring.Alot of great stuff wish i could have went today also.I did ride over with Ridderbos.Thanks for letting me tag along.

Like everything wish i had more money.The wife just didn't have enough in her account.

tt

Not many deals this year but I did walk out with a Nor-Vise,Automatic bobbin and 10 extra spools.Far cry of the fly line I was looking to buy.

Brent

I came home with an exchange for my 2wt 6'6 with a 2wt 7'9. Also purchased a Battenkill LA and Mid Arbor. I'll be begging for change the rest of the day out in front of the local stores so if anyone runs across me please be generous. help.gif

I found some Hard to find feathers, Orange dry fly cape for $10, and some dyed goose shoulder feathers. I'm ready to try a couple new patterns. Also got some grouse and starling for wets.

The best part was the personal attention we got from a couple of the tiers, namely Dennis Potter and John McClain, they were great! Showed us a couple patterns and techniques that significantly shortened the learning curve.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.