Fly Tying
kimjensen

Best fly tyers on YouTube.

Make that three votes for Hans, and Davie. Always consistent top quality videos and flies.

I agree with others here, Hans and Davie are some of the best, also for excellent video quailty and detailed clear instructions I would also include Tightline Videos.

Mike

I second the vote for Tightline - doesn't get better in terms of video quality and I love the clear audio - they record their commentary after making the video rather talking while tying so you don't get the background noises and muffled voices. Also, they always have a clever tip or two with very detailed descriptions that make me a better tier.

I like Brian Wise (Fly Fishing the Ozarks) and Dave McFluffchucker. On Vimeo I like Rich Strolis and Norbert Renaud. Nothing against the other guys but these guys tie the types of flies that i tie.

Because I watch them from links on this site ... I know HammerCreek keeps turning out good quality videos.

Honestly, though, I look at the pictures of the flies (thumbnails) and decide which one I want to watch. I couldn't tell you who did most of the videos I've watched.

Davie McPhail, Tightlinevideo, Brian Wise, Markus Hoffman (excellent realistic and semi realistic flies). I have subscribed to around 30 different fly tying channels on Youtube. It's been a huge help.

Davies tops for sure, with tightlines a close second and Hans right there with em.

I REALLY love the ozarks guys though. When these guys tie they have a good damn time doin it, I love that. His Trophy wife vid looked like a blast and I don't know if any man watching that didn't come away feelin a little jealous. Not just because his wife is hot but she can tie AND have fun doin it...........lucky ba?t$&d.

I also like tightlinevideo. Really nice and detailed instructions.

Just added hammercreek to the list a couple days ago.

Caddis flyshop is IMO fast and sloppy tying. Jay was the best in the older videos. Tony is just fast and sloppy. Editing is the worst I've seen.

if any of you speak Norwegian Eivind Berulfsen is one of the best I've seen.

Walter Weise (parksflyshop) deserves a mention too.

The more interesting question is why are there so FEW good tiers on the youtube.com. Most of the videos are just plain awful.