Fly Tying
Shmang

Peacock Swap

Horseshoes patterns have arrived -- a self described Little Minnow streamer and they look great! My 5 year old want to put them in our turtle tank to test them out. He says they are perfect to catch some Rock Bass in the spring at our favorite creek and he wants them for HIS tackle box-- a high compliment Horseshoes.

Just one set to go all -- as soon they get to me I will sort and send. You all have made my first ever hosting duties really easy and I thank everyone for their contribution.

Dang Shmang (pun intendedrolleyes.gif ), you're waiting on me and it's 3 weeks to deadline. Make me feel guilty. Mine should be there today or tomorrow I'd hope. Didn't take much longer to send to England than to you. sad.png

Vicrider-- great news your package arrived today and I must say that your two patters rock! Well worth the wait in my estimation. You all are going to love the Crackleback and Alexandra that Nick sent in for the swap - again another job well done making this swap a great one.

I have to work tomorrow 12/21 so I wont make the post office but I will get things ready to get mailed out on Monday 12/23. This is 23 days EARLY from the original due date which means we all did good!

Yeah, if I'd have been a little quicker we could have got them back in time for me to wrap them and put them under the tree for me. Then I'd have two sets of flies to open on Christmas day.

Great news: all swap flies are ready to be mailed out tomorrow 12/23. I just taped up the last package so they are ready to go - I am hoping they will get to you asap.

Thanks to everyone for being way early with your patterns and more importantly creating some nice designs using peacock. I just secured the swap flies in my "go to" box and will be trying them out next weekend. They really do look sweet!

We had a great set of tiers and I want to thank everyone for making my first ever swap leader experience an easy one. Thanks for all the extras too - you all rock.

Merry Christmas!

Got my package in the mail today. Wonderful set of varied thinking on the use of peacock. I also like to use long peacock strands and curl it over the top of streamers like a couple did and I'm particularly fond of soft hackles. There is not a fly in this set that won't see water time this coming year if health allows. Thanx for hosting and thanx to those participating for a great set of flies.

Nick

I got a great looking set of flies also today. I am tempted to fish some of them but they will live out their little lives in a shadow box on my wall. I am starting to run out of space on that wall but I have three more in that room. Swapping is an addiction but, one that I love. Thanks for hosting and thanks to everyone for some great looking flies.

Take Care,

Tony

Hey all I just got back in town. I am glad that the flies arrived. I too thought is was a stellar swap. Thanks to all for participating.

My package of peacock goodness arrived yesterday!! Gonna be some sore-mouthed bows with these great flies! Thanks again for hosting Shmang!!