Fly Tying
shoebop

Song of the day

There are some interesting songs on offer.

I found it difficult to pick just one so I'll have to come back tomorrow too.

I like some of Fever Ray's music ... mostly when they AREN'T singing. If they'd just play instruments, I'd probably listen to more of their stuff.

"Mercy Street" is one of the good ones.

I like some of Fever Ray's music ... mostly when they AREN'T singing. If they'd just play instruments, I'd probably listen to more of their stuff.

"Mercy Street" is one of the good ones.

some of it is great, some is not so soothing.

Here's today's offering

I must preface this video with the disclaimer ... I am not religious. Not even a "believer".

When I first heard this song on the radio, I thought it was Adele.

I like the girl's voice and I like the sound of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIaT8Jl2zpI

Interestingly, the video is not coming up ... first time that's happened to me.

It's "You Say" by Lauren Daigle.

I have to agree about the music and vocals; although for the most part I recognize very few of the songs posted. Guess I am too old for most of them as I grew up on Rock & Roll and DoWop from the 50s and early 60s. Tastes have now run to country, so about the only thing I listen to are the oldies and country. I do find it interesting to some stuff posted here but not really my cup of tea.

I love Supertramp. Hate concerts (preffering studio effects), but they sound pretty good.

No other voice like Hodgson's.

I like the background music, somewhat, since it's just a repeating track.

The lyrics, on the other hand, are just a string of attempted metaphors. I say attempted because the underlying meaning doesn't flow from one to another.

Okay, but not amazing.

Mike, spot on about the music. Too much rap music is repetitive and this fits that. I like this guy's work with other producers who are much more musically intricate.

I think my favorite thing about his lyrics are all of the various references to seemingly random things and double (or multiple) entendres; Phineas Gage, Acheron, David McDonald, etc. Most of the people and things are obscure now, but weren't at one time. I think he plays on that theme a lot also. I see the stories, but it's really only my interpretation of the words smile.png

Speaking of lyrics, some of you might remember when Johnny Cash did this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPz21cDK7dg

That link is to the original, and if I remember correctly it was written after Trent's dog passed. That's some stuff right there.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.