Fly Tying
Ebrant10

Czech nymph swap

I'm looking for 6 swappers plus myself for a Czech nymph swap. The picture is an example of a type of Czech nymph. Each tyer will tie 12 flies each so everyone will get 2 of each fly and you won't get your own fly back. Due date will be the last day of February so everyone will have plenty of time to get anything they need or anything like that.

First 6 with I'm in gets it.

Evan

post-42172-0-86098400-1387654899_thumb.jpg

Wanting to hit more moving water this season so I'm in. How heavy are you happy to go? Czech nymphs tend to heavy side.

Yep, kind of on the heavy side fished on a shorter line with the Leisinger Lift. Or you can fish it with a bobber like the guides all want us to do. I'm in if you'll have me.

Should also mention they're know for their "hot spot".

And that closes out the swap folks, this is going to be a real great set for sure. Thanks everyone for joining!

Piker, yeah weighted heavy to get to the bottom is what your looking at.

Evan

The CZECHs in the Mail... laugh.png laugh.png

Sorry, couldn't resist it. Been wanting to be the first to be so stupid. They are ready to send and I did a lot of catching up this week without anyone here for the holidays this except for short visits. PM me you addy and I'll get them out with a bunch of others on Monday. Thought I had you address but guess not.

Nick

Wow that was quick. My shanks are all weighted but waiting to dress them when im not so full of turkey and real ale.

Vic, that was bad. :} Thanks so much for doing that before I thought of it. smile.png Looking for an address.

Was going to post pics of the flies but for some reason it will not work never had an issue before, but lately no soap. Can't get smile's to work either, have to do it manually.

Ok got it. Had to do this a way I've never done before but here it is.

The two on the right I've been fishing for quite awhile and my self and some friends I've tied these for have done very well with them.

The one on the left all of the material but the wire and the slf dubbing is a new material to me, I took it out for a swim this past Saturday, caught ten in about two hours. Eight of which were taken on this nymph. So I feel I can say it works, at least on spring creek. Hope all of you enjoy the success I have with these nymphs.

(On the left)

Hook: Daiichi 1120 #6

Body: flash nymph dubbing rusty orange

Thorax: SLF spikey squirrel dark brown

Rib: ultra wire brown

Back: Siman magic shrimp foil

Under body/weight: tungsten thread enough wraps to equal the weight between a 5/32-1/8 tungsten bead

( On the right)

Hook: Daiichi 1130 #14

Body: Awesome possum dark olive

Thorax: Black awesome possum

Rib: Thin copper wire ( dark as you have)

Back: Hends shellback # 34 olive

Bead: Black nickel 7/64

Under body: Sticky back lead tape

post-46691-0-02259900-1388371133_thumb.jpg

post-46691-0-61545900-1388371202_thumb.jpg