Fly Tying
Tom Gibbons

Holiday

Merry Christmas (To those it applies to) Happy New year to all and Happy Holidays (Also to those it applies to).

To my Liberal friends and Conservative Friends:
To my Liberal friends:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of yo...
ur choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religi...ous or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2014, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other countries nor the only "America" in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes.
To My Conservative Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Paul, that's a good one.... The only way that I will EVER refer to today is CHRISTMAS. The only thing that I will EVER say is Merry Christmas. I don't wake up in the mornings and plan my day trying to offend anyone but I tend to take offense to traditions that are changed just to suit some. There are a lot of traditions from other cultures that has been brought into America (I am referring to north) that has influenced and changed this country for many generations now and the majority of the population accepted and adapted to it without a lot of fuss. If a certain holiday, be it religious or not, offends someone then why shouldn't they just not observe it instead of try and change it for everyone else? I see a lot of other cultures holidays written on calendars and it doesn't bother me at all. I don't read into anything and I don't find it disturbing to me at all so why can't this holiday be observed just as it is? I understand that Christmas is considered a religious holiday that celebrates an event that a lot of other cultures don't believe in. I don't believe in a lot of the other cultures beliefs but I am not out trying to be heard and trying to change anything that they hold dear to them. I don't mean to stand on my soap box and I don't mean to preach anything but way too many things have been changed recently and that just worries me and strengthens my opinion that this country is being led down a path that it shouldn't be on......

OOPS! I got so caught up in what I was typing that I had to come back and edit my post because I forgot to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERBODY!!!!!!!!!

Piker,

I am slade by your musical talents. Now we know what you were doing in 1973. Merry Christmas everyone.