Fly Tying
cmb18895

fly fishing show

Fly fishing and pot ... Colorado. Sorry, I don't agree with the legalization ... I hope the show is a good one.

Well, "The Fly Fishing Show" is a registered trademark for a particular series of shows. You can browse the schedule of shows here: http://www.flyfishingshow.com

The show in Somerset, NJ is the big one. I'll be at the one in Winston-Salem, NC in Feb. That's probably the closest to Nashville. There are other fishing shows, of course, so there may be something similar closer to home.

After posting, I got to thinking ... always dangerous ... but, you could contact the fine folks at Cumberland Transit. They should know what shows are in your area.

I am going to try to make it to the one in Winston-Salem this year. Phg, is it actually a fly fishing show or a combination fishing/fly fishing show? I live in Virginia and work in Mt. Airy so Winston-Salem isn't that far of a ride for me.

I was going to go, but the weather has me on call for work. My eight year old daughter was really looking forward to it, she loves going. Guess I'll have to settle for the Outdoor Sports show in a couple weeks.

The W-S show is purely fly fishing. It's run by the same people that ran the Charlotte show, but it has been reinvigorated. Check out the link I posted above. Chuck should have tiers, personalities and classes pretty well nailed hdown by now. I'll be in the back running the FFF booth. Drop by and introduce yourself.

edit: for some reason the direct link doesn't work, but if you copy and past the link in a browser, it works fine.

Guest rich mc

foambug a few hours north of you there is the kentuckiana show in Louisville on jan 25. ill be there rich mc

I was going to go, but the weather has me on call for work. My eight year old daughter was really looking forward to it, she loves going. Guess I'll have to settle for the Outdoor Sports show in a couple weeks.

It was a good show. Took my 4 y/o daughter with me on Sunday. I didn't get to spend a lot of time in one area, but it was good none the less. She tied her first fly and met a 12 y/o girl tying there as well. Great casting demo by Mr Borger and another on small flies by Ed Engle... Size 32... I can't even see the eye to tie it on 8x tippet... I don't even have 7x tippet....