Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap - Due Date Feb 15

Received flies on Mon. Great set of flies. Thanks BB for hosting...thanks to everyone.

Got mine from PO today. Lots of nice wiggly little guys in there. As per usual in bluegill swaps some of these will go directly into my trout supplies. Some would be good crossover but since I have so many of each I try to separate them by category. Nice job guys. Quality here is very high for sure.

I got mine yesterday, and they are great. Since I often hear how blugill will hit what ever you throw at them, I was amazed at the inventiveness and care that went into tying these flies. Thanks to everyone in this swap. Can't wait to get back down to the river to destroy all these fine bugs.

Utyer, you are correct, small 'gills will hit anything. However, the larger ones can get very cagy. It takes a good bit of finesse to fool them.

And something I meant to do but forgot was a special shout out to Floyd for not only including two great flies but those little eyes for us which are so much nicer than anything I've been doing. They will be used and appreciated like all the flies in the box. Don't know if it was planned but got one of mine back and fortunately it was a pretty nice one. Any extras are always yours of course.

Just got mine today and have to say these are some of the best swap flies I've received in a while! Thanks for hosting the swap and allowing me to particiapate, within the next week or two there will be a package headed ur way, ill message u when I finnaly get it to the post office