Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

Ballyhoo

It was 14 freaking degrees and windy when I got up this AM; so much for the sunny South. This fly's for summer, which has gotta get here sooner or later. About the only consolation is that it's even colder up North.

post-281-0-68691400-1389113884_thumb.jpg

Fantastic tie PJ. I had the same question as Dave. IS that Icelandic sheep?

Thanks Dave and Andy - here's the recipe. Yeah, I really like that sheep hair, and it's a good thing I do, since I bought a whole sheepskin last year. (contrary to rumors, the sheep was not included) I got tired of never being able to find it in the colors I want.

Ballyhoo

Target: offshore species

Hook: 3/0 Gamakatsu SP11-3L3H or any strong hook

Wing: white marabou, pearl Angelina Fiber, white bucktail, silver Angelina Fiber, white Icelandic sheep hair, pearl Flashabou, light olive sheep hair, olive Flashabou, dark olive sheep hair

Sides: pearl Crystal Flash

Head: dark olive and fluorescent red thread, painted eyes, two coats of Liquid Fusion

Nice fly there Peterjay but regardless of your statement what is the sheep's name? ......A little cold here in Middle TN which is not the north but it got to at least -15 here last night. It is supposed to stay that way for a few days too.

Yeah, OK, there was a sheep (named Bridget) but she went on the grill for Christmas dinner. I miss her, but I've still got her coat to remember her by.

post-281-0-78571100-1389120967_thumb.jpg

Yeah, OK, there was a sheep (named Bridget) but she went on the grill for Christmas dinner. I miss her, but I've still got her coat to remember her by.

Did you need to get a divorce from Bridget before the grill, or is there a "shelf life" for sheep weddings? Good to see you still "keeping her close" like that.

Did you need to get a divorce from Bridget before the grill, or is there a "shelf life" for sheep weddings? Good to see you still "keeping her close" like that.

Uh-uh. My religion frowns on divorce. (I'm an Orthodox Druid) Besides, the pre-nup would have would ruined me.